Page 337

The next morning, the whole palace is in a state of panic! A servant hurriedly and fearfully informs their emperor that the little crown prince is missing! Everyone helped in looking for the little prince but they did not find him inside the palace. Emperor Andrew worriedly looked for his son and finally was able to find traces of both his brother and son leaving the palace together. Suddenly,  he figured out that his brother took his son! 

Prince Anders was not able to sleep last night. He and his brother stay up to guard Beatrix. When the first sign of light arrived, he decided to take a walk and came across a child silently sitting alone and observing the surroundings. His interest was immediately piqued even though he could only see the little boy's back. For some reason, he was drawn to this boy so he approached him. He immediately found out the reason when he saw the child's appearance. He smiled gently and then he saw the great surprise on the child's face before the little kid hurriedly performed the customary greeting to his imperial father... 

"Anything wrong with my face?" Prince Anders chuckled happily. He was full of amusement when he realized the child mistook him for his brother. 

Crown Prince Antoine shook his head. For a moment, he was hypnotized by the beautiful smile. He never thought his normally very serious father would smile like that one day. It was so beautiful he temporarily forgot his father's teaching to always remain noble and dignified looking. He immediately returned to the formal and standard behavior befitting to be the next emperor. 

"Imperial Father, this son has already finished the task you gave me yesterday. " He carefully handed his work to the person he believed to be his father. He is secretly very worried his father would find mistakes in his work again and critically pinpoint them like usual. His father is very hard to please and wants nothing less than perfection. 

Prince Anders received the paper and silently checked its content. Soon, he flashed the boy his comforting smile and patted his head tenderly as he declared, "Very good, Antoine! Do you like me to take you somewhere fun? I would like to reward you for a job well done!!!"

The little crown prince was stunned that his father did not find fault in his work but praised him and even wanted to reward him. This time, he could no longer contain his true personality. He beamed happily and nodded excitedly at the person in front of him. 

Prince Anders lifted the little boy in his arms and demonstrated to the little prince how to easily evade the guards and successfully get out of the palace without being detected. He took the boy to several places in the capital. He did this so he could check the capital's new appearance after it was rebuilt and also to tour the kid to the places he and Beatrix went to. The little boy easily melted his heart and dismantled his guard like how his mother easily captured his heart and demolished all the uncertainty from the beginning. 

He could not stop himself from embracing the child lovingly every time the kid would look at him innocently using the beautiful green eyes that resemble the eyes of the woman he loves with all of his heart. The boy initially called him 'Imperial Father' but he softly whispered to him to call him 'Father' because they are outside the palace so they should mimic the commoners. The cheerful kid immediately nodded and called him 'Father' and then looked at the surroundings with extreme curiosity. This instantly gave him a very strange yet also very pleasant feeling.

He allowed the little kid to eat what he wanted, buy all the things that he wanted, and play to his heart's content! He figured out that his brother probably never allowed the kid to roam outside the palace. As he observed, he discovered something very interesting... He found out little Antoine is more similar to him than to his brother!

It was late afternoon when they decided to go back to the palace. Little Antoine felt so weak and sleepy that he yawned loudly. 

Prince Anders chuckled softly and then asked the kid walking beside him, "Very tired?"

Little Antoine looked at him sleepily and nodded weakly so he gently patted his head and then carried him carefully in his arms. The latter placed his little arms around his neck and then put his head on his shoulder to sleep peacefully. 

Not very long, he saw his furious imperial brother and some of the imperial guards blocking his way. He knew his brother is extremely mad but he smiled gently and then signaled for everyone to stay quiet because the adorable little Antoine is sleeping peacefully. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved