Page 360

Motherhood and child rearing was never an easy task, especially for someone who had no relevant experience. She had only a little experience with her young celestial brothers and sisters but they were not as delicate and complicated to take care of. She had seen how mortals took care of their young but seeing was never the same as doing it personally. She trained young immortals how to wield power and prepared them for managing enormous celestial duties for eternity but that will never be the same thing as rearing and preparing this tiny mortal for survival that would sadly last for a few decades. 

She thought the little one needs to grow up knowing someone of the same kind, someone who was also a mortal preferably a blood relative so he would feel what it feels like growing up with a family member, which is why she brought the baby's uncle. She sighed while holding the sleeping baby in her arms as she reviewed his origin... 

He came from the imperial lineage of the Cloud Empire. His biological parents were Emperor Albert and Empress Hanna. One of the few lucky couples that were born from distinguished households that were able to marry because of love, not solely for political reasons. Their true love and blissful marriage lasted for a long time but they were not blessed with a child for more than twenty years... Everyone already expected that the emperor's half-brother, Prince Timothy Cloud, would succeed to the throne someday, however, a miracle happened when the Great Creator visited the virtuous imperial couple and blessed them with a child one night after their intimate bedroom activities. Prince Timothy and his loyal supporters were not happy with the empress' pregnancy. They staged a revolution to seize power before the empress could give birth to a rightful heir. The emperor and a few of his loyal soldiers were outnumbered so they decided to sacrifice their life so the pregnant empress could escape. Seeing her beloved man heartlessly slaughtered by the brother whom they trusted so much filled the empress' heart and soul with great sorrow and anger she went into premature labor. Inside a secret chamber, the empress gave birth to a prince and then also lost her life in the process. The boy's parents were parted but immediately reunited in the land of the dead.  

How pitiful! You became an orphan on the day you took your first breath... It was not surprising though as you are not part of the original plan. You are not supposed to grow inside your mother's womb and live... 

She sighed helplessly since she knew the life of this mortal will never be easy. 

I do not know why my Celestial Father made an exception but did not bother to redesign the entire blueprint which is why fate and destiny tried its best to maintain the authenticity of the original plan by eliminating the outlier as soon as possible... 

She would not be able to completely comprehend her Celestial Father's plan and motive but it was nothing new so why question it? She smiled when the newborn finally woke up but immediately frowned when the baby began crying for milk! She decided to wake up the baby's next of kin. Now it is time for payback by giving him a vital role he would never expect to play...

Prince Aiden opened his eyes to a noisy unfamiliar surrounding. A baby's pitiful cry filled his eardrums, making his face distort from displeasure. 

"Urgh! Can anyone stop that brat from screaming and disturbing my sleep?!!" He yelled and yawned loudly, believing he was still in the palace. 

"Only you can do that, Your Highness... You know he needs to feed... " A seductive voice told him. 

He smiled in his sleep when he heard the sexy voice thinking that she was one of his women but his sleepy face distorted even more when his brain processed the unusual response. 

"How dare..." He would like to yell but immediately stopped when he finally gazed at the face of the person talking to him. "You... Where am I?!!" Dread instantly crept into his soul when he realized that he was in another place. "How did I get here?!!" He was hyperventilating when he figured out that this woman managed to avoid the numerous soldiers surrounding the palace ground and successfully took him and the baby out to this unknown place near the beach. "Who are you really?!!" Dread instantly took over his mind and heart when his last memory came back with a vengeance. 

She smiled seductively before she replied, "I am your beautiful nightmare... So quit yapping and feed your hungry nephew!" 

"Are you crazy?!! Do you think I have the means to feed him?!!" His anger exploded as he thought the strange being was trying to insult him.

"Previously... no but now... yes!" She excitedly replied and pointed to his chest.

Her weird happiness made him check his body. He almost fainted when he found out his breast became bigger than normal and the craziest part was the fact that white fluid was now leaking out of it! He instantly checked his groin area and felt relief when he could feel his banana was still there...

She knew what he was thinking so she immediately grabbed the opportunity to strike a deal, "Feed  your cute nephew or I will also transform your most precious possession..."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved