Page 254

Princess Lizbeth visited the imperial palace and was asked by the Emperor and Empress about her relationship with her husband. She knows that they are just trying to find out whether she would give birth to an imperial child any time soon. As usual, she told them the truth that Prince Anders has been avoiding her all the time so getting pregnant and giving birth to an imperial child soon is utterly impossible!

After they heard the reason, the Emperor and Empress encouraged her to transfer her things to his courtyard and share his bedroom! If her husband tries to disagree or complain, they told her to inform their son that it is no longer a request but a command from them!

She happily went back to the mansion and ordered the servants to transfer her things to his courtyard! She took advantage of the fact that her husband always comes back in the middle of the night or the wee hours of the morning.

After her things were all transferred to his courtyard, she excitedly entered his bedroom for the first time. She smiled as she carefully examined everything inside his bedroom. She breathed in the cool air mixed with his familiar masculine scent... She closed her eyes and in her mind, she could see her husband's attractive features! She thought of all the pleasant things that could happen between her and the prince... She was overwhelmed with excitement that she eagerly threw herself onto his huge and soft bed!

"Ouch! What was that?!!" She complained angrily when she landed on something uneven and hard on the bed.

She stood up to check under the bedsheets and she saw a rectangular frame. She took it out and discovered that it is a painting of an extremely beautiful woman with magnetic green eyes and an enticing smile! She studied the features of the woman in the painting and she realized that the unknown woman is way more beautiful than her! The woman is wearing an elaborate wedding dress and sitting on a bed that looks very similar to Prince Anders' bed! Everything about the woman in the painting seems to be so beautiful... so attractive... so alluring... and so sensual... Her eyes slowly went down and noticed the little inscription below...

My beloved wife and princess.

The future mother of all my children.

My only love.

Signed by: Prince Anders Sky

She wants to ignore all the negative thoughts in her mind and all the unpleasant emotions in her heart but the love and dedication that were invested in making this piece of art as well as the message on it were too real to ignore!

Who is this woman?!! Is she a secret mistress of my husband?!! Is she also the reason why my husband refuses to consummate our marriage?!! Is my husband always spending time with her every night that is why he always comes back very late?!!

It feels like her heart is being squeezed by invisible hands! She could not help but shed tears at that moment! When she got a hold of her feelings, she asked her servants to request Princess Dinah to visit her immediately! The latter immediately arrived at Prince Anders' Mansion and asked her.

Princess Lizbeth could not hide her feelings anymore so she burst into tears and said to her close friend and sister-in-law, "Dinah... I think my husband has a kept woman!!!" She expressed her emotions and then narrates how she discovered her proof and even show her the painting.

Princess Dinah sighed and replied, "You cannot immediately jump to conclusions! What if this painting is nothing special and just an ordinary painting of a seemingly perfect woman? Several other men like to collect and possess such paintings... It does not mean that your husband has a kept woman..."

"Then why would he place that painting on his bed instead of hanging it on the wall? Why did he write those words on the painting if she is not his kept woman?" Princess Lizbeth countered and cried even more.

Princess Dinah embraced her and gently rubbed her friend's back. She did everything she could to comfort her friend and convince her not to do something stupid... She did not stay in Prince Anders' Mansion for a long time. She needs to go back to Prince Andrew's Mansion before it gets too dark... She would like to avoid any nasty rumors! She is well aware that her husband is just waiting for a good excuse to divorce her...

After her friend left her alone, Princess Lizbeth glared at the painting again and did another grave mistake on that same day!

Prince Anders hurriedly went to his courtyard and immediately proceed to his bedroom upon knowing that his legal wife ignored his warning and invaded his personal space in the mansion! Inside, he saw his legal wife standing in front of the fireplace, watching an object burn! His heart begins to quicken its pace! He hastily pushed her aside and checked the object that she set on fire... His worry and fear were confirmed when he saw the familiar object burning!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved