Page 324

Prince Andrew opened a door to another dimension called Infinitus. In his master's tale, this world was created by the Goddess Psi to serve as an endless haven for her wonderful collection of plants and animals. He knows it will be a very dangerous journey because his master warned him long ago that the goddess is very protective of her collection but he is still willing to take the risk! He is not entirely sure what to expect inside the foreign world so as a precaution, he took one thousand capable soldiers with him. They entered the unfamiliar world and were immediately amazed by its natural beauty! Contrary to what they expected, this foreign world has a very close resemblance to their home. Unfortunately, all the plants and animals they found in that world are at least a hundred times larger than the ones they could find in their world! 

Several men died from being punctured and then sucked dry by mosquitoes as big as elephants! Other people were caught and eaten whole by frogs as huge as a mountain! Others were trapped and digested by giant carnivorous plants. Some were not even a target but were just very unlucky to be squashed to death by falling giant fruits or stepped on by running or hopping giant creatures either trying to avoid being eaten or trying to catch their usual prey. In general, they looked like helpless ants in that world... 

He already lost more than half of his men when he finally found the mythical plant called Omnia. The plant is extremely massive and beautiful! Its trunk and branches are full of colorful sharp thorns. It has no leaves but is filled with different colorful blossoms. His master told him that its blossoms have different uses according to their color. He only needed the white blossom for Beatrix but since he is already there, he decided to get at least one sample of each color. When they approached the plant, they discovered that it is not only extremely massive and beautiful but also very aggressive and dangerous! It swiftly detached and shot its thorns and spines in different directions! The people hit by the thorn are instantly vaporized! Another batch of thorns reappeared on its trunk and branches and like the first time it flew in several directions at the same time causing instant death to anyone unlucky to be hit by it! 

The situation became more serious when several men were vaporized one by one! He does not want to lose his life... He needs to go back to his beloved wife and child! He also does not want to sacrifice more men than what is truly necessary so he abandoned his original idea of getting more samples. This time, he used his ability to teleport and swiftly grab one white blossom. The Omnia plant seemed to notice it and got so angry it released its hidden tentacles for the first time! The tentacles almost caught him if not for his quick reflex. He immediately ordered his surviving men to retreat since the thing he needs is already in his hands. Several deadly thorns tried to pursue the remaining people and only halted when the group is already very far from its territory. He sighed as he looked at the pure white blossom in his hand. 

One thousand competent people, now only eight remain... Several lives were lost to get only one blossom! 

He inhaled deeply and created another portal to leave the world that looks like a paradise but left very traumatic experiences for the survivors. Only nine people successfully returned to their original world. After that, the small portal immediately closed!

He smiled as he looked at the familiar surroundings. He had never been so happy to see the usual plants and animals! He and his men are truly back! Soon, he could see and hold his wife again! He already missed her so much even though it has only been six days since he last saw her... Suddenly, he vomited so much blood, and then he passed out! 

When he regained consciousness, he is alone inside a bedroom. He silently checked the surroundings and immediately realized that he is in one of his hideouts! He remembered the white blossom so he hurriedly looked for it! He smiled when he saw it is carefully placed on the bedside table. He called the attention of his people. He wants to ask them so many things but as soon as the eight people entered the room, he immediately realized from their sullen faces that something is off...

"How long did I pass out?" He asked them.

"A few hours, Your Highness." One of them answered.

"Did you already send the news of my return to the capital, especially to my wife?" He asked them again but no one answered. He also noticed that they nervously looked at each other and seemed to be avoiding his question so he probed deeper, "What did you find out while I am unconscious?". He had a very bad feeling about this...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved