Page 237

Zander King immediately noticed the sudden change in the atmosphere as all the people in the surrounding area are giving him looks of hate, contempt, and insult! He suddenly feels surrounded by different wild predators waiting to pounce and kill him at the same time! He calmed himself and tried to explain his side...

"I am very honored to be invited by His Highness Prince Andrew! It is a great honor that will forever live inside my soul! But my beloved wife is waiting for me to come home and I already made a sincere promise to her. I am sure that all of you are aware of my situation..." He gently and politely explained to defend himself and salvage the situation.

"Of course, we are aware! That is why we will send a servant to inform the General's Mansion that you are invited to join us!" Prince Anders energetically declared and even placed his arm over Zander's shoulder like they have been friends for a long time.

Before Zander could react, a carriage arrived in front of them. Prince Anders is already holding Zander's shoulder so assisting him or more like, rapidly yet smoothly tugging him to enter the carriage became so easy! Upon seeing that the target is already inside, Prince Andrew smirked before he joined the two people inside the carriage, secretly thinking that his brother would be an effective kidnapper! Soon, the carriage immediately left on Prince Andrew's order, leaving the other people thinking that Minister Zander finally decided to join the two princes of his own volition...

Inside the carriage, Zander began to feel nervous and uncomfortable while looking at the two powerful people in front of him. The first prince looked at him seriously while the second prince looked at him with amusement... He does not know what they are planning to do with him!

Are they just going to have a simple drinking celebration with me as they told me? Or are they planning to torture me to extract some information and then kill me afterward?

Zander could not help but shudder internally while seeing their expression. He is secretly recalling whether he did something wrong to piss off any of the two princes or both of them... But no matter how much he tries to remember, he cannot remember that he did something wrong to anyone!

"Do not worry, Minister King. We are not going to hurt you or kill you." Prince Andrew directly told him his fear, making him even more nervous!

"Yes! We are just going to celebrate your great contribution and have some fun so relax!" Prince Anders enthusiastically assures him next.

Zander helplessly sighed. Is there anything else he could do? He now fully understands how dangerous his situation is! He silently prays that they would keep their promise and at the same time, he made a silent vow that he would protect his wife's secret no matter what happens!

Beatrix is so worried that her husband will be so late to come home but her worry doubles when she found out the reason!

What if Zander suddenly slipped and exposed our secret to the two princes?!! We are all gonna die!!! Zander... where are you?!! Please, go home now!!!

She thought while pacing back and forth! She is silently praying that Zander will not reveal their secret... Silently scolding and cursing inside her mind while also hoping that he would go home soon! Every moment that her current husband is together with her two former husbands is very detrimental to her sanity and their safety! She sighed in relief when the servants informed her that their young master finally arrived! She hurriedly went to his courtyard and examined his very drunk condition!

She ordered the servants to make him a sobering soup and get her a basin of cold water and a towel! She immediately approached him and ordered him to remove his clothing so she could help him freshen his feeling and alleviate the drunkenness. She needs to get answers from a sober mind!

"Remove your clothes... Now!" She said with utmost seriousness.

Zander shook his head, even in his severe drunken state, he is still feeling shy to let her see his body but Beatrix is already so full of anger!

"Are you going to strip your clothes or you would like me to throw you out of the mansion?!!" She threatened him with resolute seriousness to her words.

When the weak and almost comatose Zander slowly removes his clothing... She angrily and fastly helped him out of his clothes! Her boldness and expertise in removing a man's clothes shocked Zander more than the fact that he is almost entirely naked in front of her!

This experience made Zander more aware of the surroundings... He chose to focus on her... He immediately realized that she is not shy while seeing his exposed body! He thought of two possible reasons... First, it could be that she does not find him attractive so she does not care about his exposed body! Second, it could be that she is already used to seeing a naked man so she regarded it as something natural and normal!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved