Page 370

She scrutinized their expression for a moment before giving them an explanation.

"Both of you have sufficient capability to lead the empire but you can't just take away that little boy's claim to the throne just like what his late father callously did to Viktor long ago... " She gently told them and stared particularly at the young lad in front of her.

Viktor frowned in disapproval as he replied, "So you are saying that I should just forget everything that happened and willingly surrender what is supposed to be mine to that man's child?" 

"Yes and No... " She observed their bewildered expression. She knew her answer confused them even more so she explained further, "I understand how you feel but one mistake cannot justify another mistake. I have a proposition... Instead of heartlessly seizing the throne of Cloud Empire from a mere child, why don't you build your empire? With this new empire, you could break away from the pressure built by your predecessors' achievements and forge your legacy..."

"You want me... to build another empire? Is that correct?" Viktor asked curiously. He could not help but be excited about the things she was going to say.

"No. I am not obliging you to do it but if you want, you can build another empire and forge your destiny!" She told him while thinking...

His destiny was not planned so it should not be against the rules if he creates his path... Right?

"And how is he going to do that? All the lands are under the territory of the Cloud Empire." Prince Aiden asked next.

"Very simple! You just need to divide the empire into two parts. The southern part where the current capital of the empire is situated will remain as the Cloud Empire. The northern part will become the territory of the new empire. Viktor could name the new empire and build a new capital there. This way, little Prince Tyler will ascend the throne of Cloud Empire, and you, Aiden, will act as his Prince Regent because the child is too young to rule. On the other hand, Viktor can have a fresh start and new adventure in his new empire. It is a win-win situation!"

"But the territory, people, and power will be divided..." Prince Aiden could not help but voice his hesitation because most powerful individuals would go for expansion, not a division of territory, power, and resources.

She was about to provide additional justification for her advice when Viktor suddenly spoke out to them, "I like the idea! Let's do it!"

"Wait... What?!" Prince Aiden gazed at his nephew questioningly. He could not believe that the young man would immediately agree to her suggestion. 

She stared at the young lad proudly and cupped his face. She grinned from ear to ear when she figured out why he agreed to it. Next, she reached his head and mess up his hair before declaring, "What a good naughty boy! Very naughty yet so sweet little boy!!!"

"I am not a little boy anymore..." Viktor murmured but let her do as she pleased. He held her hand gently and looked at her intently, "Psi, can you suggest a good name for the new empire? I want something that sounds higher and grander than the Cloud Empire..." 

"Hmmm... What's higher and grander than the sky? So how about we call it 'Sky Empire?' Do you like it?" She sweetly suggested to the handsome young man staring at her. 

"Yeah! That is perfect! Like it!" He immediately agreed as he continued staring into her magnetic green eyes. 

Prince Aiden tried to ask them several questions to break their connection but no one answered! His foul mood escalated as he could see that they seemed like in another world which he could not come inside...

In his annoyance, he invented an excuse so the young lad would leave immediately. When they were alone, he told her his concern. 

"Psi, you need to observe a proper distance between you and Viktor."

"Why?"

"Don't you get it? He is no longer a child..."

"So?"

"He is no longer innocent..."

"What?!! You transformed Viktor into a manwhore like you?!!"

"No. No. No. That is not what I mean... Viktor is still innocent but..."

"You said he is no longer innocent! Are you making a fool out of me?!!"

"No! I was fifteen when I..." He wanted to share his personal experience but he decided not to continue. He felt so ashamed and uncomfortable talking about it with her so he changed the direction of his explanation, "Viktor is a prince... He is nineteen now..."

"So what is your point?"

"Usually, a man of that age and status would have wives and concubines long ago to douse the..."

"Not everyone is the same! The late Emperor Albert had only one woman his whole life. His son, Viktor, might be the same. Well, in my opinion, that trait is one of a kind! If I could marry someone someday, I want someone like that!" She declared and even raised her eyebrow like challenging him to prove her wrong. 

"That's... " He wanted to say more but decided against it in the end, "Just forget it." He said and left silently without turning back. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved