Page 286

The emperor shook his head helplessly when he recalled the stunning celestial being... He can never forget her and the ahem... She left him hanging and the trouble she caused on that night made him suffer a serious and unspeakable trauma! After that night, he developed an excessive distrust and aversion to women, especially beautiful women! The empress became the only member of his harem because her presence is tolerable, unlike the other women! Plus, she is the mother of his two imperial sons!

He looked at Lady Beatrix and for some reason, she reminds him of the beautiful goddess. For several years, he thought he is extremely mad at the goddess for leaving him hanging, for making him look like a fool, and for making him suffer in silence... But looking at the talented lady in front of him who reminds him of that attractive being, he realized that he could not find in his heart to get mad at the naughty goddess!

In front of everyone, the emperor praised Lady Beatrix's talent and rewarded the imperial grand harp to her because of her outstanding performance. In his mind, the beautiful musical instrument must be owned and played by an outstanding person, or else, it will be a waste! Beatrix thanked him and his heart suddenly felt at ease. Next, he acknowledged everyone for coming and celebrating his birthday before he seriously announced that the celebration has ended and everyone could go home now! Without further ado, he ignored the surprised look from most people, especially his family members!

He hurriedly left the banquet hall and walked towards his courtyard. His whole body is suddenly so painful! His head feels like splitting into halves! His old illness is acting up again! Every time he would look at other women for a long time, he would experience this intense discomfort! For some reason, he could only look at the empress without experiencing this unexplainable pain! The imperial physicians and spiritual healers could not pinpoint the cause or provide any cure. He wants to contact the beautiful goddess again and ask for help but strangely, he could not contact her anymore... He arrived in his courtyard and immediately proceed to his bedroom. He wants to rest early to ease the pain when he suddenly recalled the mystery cube inside his pocket so he retrieved it. He looked at it and the pain suddenly stopped! He smiled and then, he began solving its puzzle once again...

Everyone was surprised that the emperor ended the celebration way too soon but they do not have a choice. They need to go home now... The empress and the two princes also left the banquet hall in a hurry! Initially, the empress wants to check on her husband immediately but she suddenly recalled the two princes' behavior at the banquet earlier so she stopped on her track and faced the two princes when she was sure that they are already alone...

"Are you interested in Lady Beatrix?" She directly confronted them. She cannot waste time as she still needs to see the emperor after this.

"Yes!" The two princes immediately answered in unison then they looked at each other in surprise.

The empress is alarmed when they did not even try to deny it! This means that they are very serious and the situation is more complicated than simple attraction...

"Imperial Mother, do you remember the girl in my dreams? The person that I am in love with all this time? Beatrix... She is that person!!!" Prince Andrew confessed to his mother.

The empress felt the sudden rise in her blood pressure when she heard his confession!

"Imperial Brother, you too?!! Beatrix... She is also the girl in my dreams... I love her too!!!" Prince Anders also confessed his secret.

The empress is utterly horrified and felt that she might have a serious heart attack after she heard their blatant confession! It is very bad that they love the same woman! And even worse that the woman they both love is already married and pregnant! But what is worst is that woman is married to their close friend, Minister Zander King, and she is now carrying his baby!

"My sons, forget about her! She is not the one for you! It is simply impossible for both of you!" She told them as a serious headache is forming inside her head.

"I cannot!" They chorused at the same time and looked at each other again.

Prince Andrew had a heated argument with the empress that night while Prince Anders chose to be silent in the corner. He does not care about their fight... He only cares about one thing... How to get his beloved woman! He is silently formulating inside his mind his next steps toward that particular goal... He saw how his Imperial Brother stormed off and left their Imperial Mother without waiting for any response or asking for permission to be excused so he gently approached his crying mother...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved