Page 383

Emperor Aiden hurriedly went to the receiving hall to see her, his nephew, and the other people they brought with them. He frowned when he saw it was truly filled with various people like there was some sort of huge celebration at that time but what made him more confused and worried was the group of women around his age... Seeing these women again after a very long time made his heart thud so loudly before skipping a beat for a long time! 

His instinct told him that something bad would happen very soon so he stopped in his tracks, unable to decide whether he should turn back to escape it immediately, or he must stay and do nothing, or get closer and find out what is happening... Once again, something is telling him that he should never proceed or else, he will regret it!

Psi looked at his pale expression. She already expected that he would be very surprised, confused, and worried but she did not expect that he would also look very scared! She took this opportunity to approach him and formally explain to him what was happening...

"Aiden, do you still remember them?" She gently asked the petrified man and pointed to the group of women around his age. 

"Yes..." He absentmindedly replied to her. Seeing those women again after several years made him remember his guilt, regret, and shame! He slowly recalled every nasty thing he did to each one of them.

"Of course... How can you forget them? After all, you made a connection to each one of them..." She said flatly and then felt another strange emotion inside her heart.

Her words brought him back to reality so he hurriedly turned to her and explained, "Psi, it is not what you think. I already told you... It was a mistake. I never loved any of them..." 

He was thankful that he immediately stopped on his track so the two of them were far from other people in the hall. It would be very awkward if the others could hear them. She did not comment on his explanation. Instead, she asked him another question.

"Do you know those young people besides your women?" She motioned to the unfamiliar young people in the hall 

"No. I have not seen them before. And just to make things clear, those women are not my women!" He softly hissed.

"You spent one night with them." She said and stared at him coldly. She could not understand why she had a nagging feeling inside her heart.

"That does not make any of them my woman..." He knew it sounded pathetic but so what?!! He does not care what other people think of him but it is different when it comes to her.

She studied his expression. She knew this would not be easy for him but it was the only way so everyone could have a good and peaceful life in the future. Above all, she wanted him to achieve his dreams and make use of his existence to its full potential... Sadly, the safe way to do that is to get Viktor and all the disloyal people away from him!

"You do not feel any connection to them?" She pointed once again to the unfamiliar young people in the hall.

"No. Who are they, anyway?! And why are they here?!" He said it in a very low voice, only enough so she could hear, but his expression says more definition than the tone and volume of his voice.

At first, he was only wondering why she would suddenly bring irrelevant people inside the palace but now he is beginning to get irritated by the mere presence of other people not so far from them. She gently held his hand so he would calm down before revealing the truth.

"Aiden... Those young people... They are your children."

Her sudden revelation sounded like thunder inside his mind. He looked at her for any sign that she was just kidding but she remained dead serious. When he remained speechless, she added some details...

"You have nineteen sons and twelve daughters... All from different mothers..." She said it calmly and matter-of-factly but only she knew that it felt like something huge and sharp was stuck in her throat while she was saying it.

"Impossible... That's impossible... I can't impregnate... I always used protection..." He stated all the facts that he knew and then nervously laughed to dispel the awkward atmosphere between them.

"You do not remember that adventurous night?" She coldly said while clenching her hands so tightly... "The orgy?" She sighed deeply. The energy inside her was in turmoil  and wanted to erupt so badly but she had to take control as she told him more details..."The night before your half-brother tortured you for information and then forced you to surrender the keys?" She could not believe she needed to jump-start this memory.

"That night, I..." He slowly recalled that night and then a realization hit him!

"So you finally recalled that on that night, one of your shady friends proposed a lewd competition... He challenged you to beat his record and do it straight with different women from early dusk to dawn... You and your friends took the infamous aphrodisiac called King of Sin... Unfortunately, under its influence, you also forgot to take the..."

"Protection..." He soullessly continued her sentence.

"In just one night, you slept with ninety-three women. Out of ninety-three, you fathered thirty-one children... "

On the island, he would always say to her that he wanted to have a wife and a child with that wife...

Your request was granted long ago... Not only one wife but several wives... Not only one child but several children...

She tried to smile and be happy for him but she only managed to give him a crooked one.

"Congratulations, Aiden... You have a huge family now."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved