Page 273

Beatrix returned the cube to the Emperor after she was done giving the instruction.

"So it is both a challenging puzzle and treasure container! This is amazing!" The Emperor said excitedly while holding the mystery cube then inquired next, "What is the treasure inside?"

"I can solve the mystery cube and reveal its treasure inside but it will take away the challenge, the fun as well as the surprise. Do you want that, Your Majesty?" She explained gently and smiled playfully.

"No! Do not tell me! I will solve the mystery cube on my own and see it myself!" The Emperor happily replied and expressed his gratitude, "Thank you, Lady Beatrix, for this wonderful gift! In exchange for this precious item, I will also give you something precious! Starting today, the blue imperial carriage is yours!" He happily gifted a precious family heirloom in exchange for the mystery cube and the secret treasure inside.

The people in the surroundings were even more astonished that the Emperor would let go of the valuable carriage that was passed down to several generations of emperors. In their minds, this could only mean one thing...

The Emperor likes her so much and he is now subtly seducing her using gifts!

"Your Majesty, the blue imperial carriage is a family heirloom! It has been with the imperial family from the start! It was passed down by the First Emperor of Sky Empire to the next generations of emperors!" The Empress was horrified and immediately reminded her husband about the importance and sentimental value of the item.

Prince Andrew immediately noticed that his father suddenly acted differently and behaved too familiar to her! He became anxious that his father is intending to seduce the woman he loves by using his absolute power, status, and wealth! He cannot let it happen!

"Imperial Mother has a point! Imperial Father, according to tradition, you must give the blue imperial carriage to your successor!" Prince Andrew seems to be talking about the family heirloom but the truth is he is subtly reminding his father that he should stop lusting for a young woman and give way to a younger generation like him who fits her in terms of age, appearance, and strength!

"Ah! That nonsense tradition! That carriage is just rotting in the storage hall without anyone using it now. Why not give it to someone who could use it like this wonderful lady?" The Emperor asserted and glanced at Beatrix. His words and actions are secretly cementing their weird thoughts even more! He looked at his second son to ask for support, "What do you think, Anders?"

"I think we should ask Lady Beatrix if she likes old things. The blue imperial carriage was impressive before but it is too old and outdated now." Prince Anders answered politely but it was different from the Emperor's expectation! The second prince is making everyone think that he has a point... Why not ask the intended receiver if she likes the old carriage or not? But the truth is... Prince Anders is subtly hinting to Beatrix that his father is already too old for her! Only someone young, handsome, and vigorous like him would suit her best!

Lady Andrea would like to meddle in the current situation but General Ardor secretly stopped her and gave her a look of assurance to have faith in their daughter. She looked at Prime Minister Aaron next but the old man also gave her the same confident look. She sighed softly and sit silently. On the other hand, Zander is worriedly giving Beatrix a hint not to accept the emperor's gift but she smiled at him and gently squeezed his hand as assurance while thinking...

The Emperor likes me... Not as a woman but as a unique individual! Sure! He appreciates beauty like any other man but he is more interested in intellect! He is interested in someone's personality but he looks more closely at ability... It is true and clear to everyone that he loves and protects his second son more than his first son but he secretly admires and supports his first son more than his second son! He may look scary and serious most of the time but he has a playful and adventurous heart! He readily accepts changes and enjoys challenges! It is a pity! The Empress and the two princes believed that they knew him but they never fully understood him! Only I know this important piece of information!

Her gaze went back to the Emperor as she answered, "It is my greatest honor to accept His Majesty's generosity!" She beamed happily.

Most people were shocked that she accepted the gift without hesitation! They thought that she is too ambitious which is why she immediately grabbed the opportunity! Others thought that being confined inside the mansion for a long time makes her so naive that she did not fully understand the consequences of accepting the Emperor's advances! Her family and husband were very uncomfortable and worried that she accepted that item but they chose to be silent about it and decided to trust her judgment.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved