Page 267

Finally, Johann Lahore and Azul Hart were also interrogated separately. They said that she is naked and pleasuring herself when they saw her. She seduced them and they just gave in to the temptation. They said that it was the imperial guards who took the woman on their bed so it was probably them who raped and murdered the poor girl...

Princess Dinah heard the statements of the witnesses and the suspects in her adultery trial. She froze when she heard the first statement. All their statement becomes a part of a big puzzle inside her memory. She hears them and piece by piece, she slowly recalled all the humiliating and disgusting things she did from night until dawn... Soon, hysterical cries and screams from a woman interrupted the trial! The high-pitched screams and emotional wailings died down immediately because the princess was subdued by the imperial guards before everything gets out of hand! 

Most of the people in the trial room were confused except for the very few people who are aware of the sensitivity of the case and the true identities of the people involved. In the afternoon, the six suspects were said to be guilty of the abduction, rape, and murder of a woman named Jane Doe. They were given capital punishment so before sunset of the same day, six heads rolled in the dirt!

The emperor and empress were very worried for Prince Andrew. They believed that the result of the trial was a huge blow to their son's pride and dignity so the emperor decided that the punishment for the adulterous imperial wife will be up to his son. The truth is... Prince Andrew does not care! She may be his legal wife but he never considered her as his woman. From the beginning, he does not give a damn about her...

Prince Anders seemed very surprised by the result and worried for his brother on the surface, but in reality, he is secretly applauding his brother! He is right all this time! One day, his sister-in-law will suffer a thousandfold than his dead wife...

Prince Andrew asked for his brother's and friend's suggestions regarding his wife's punishment. He is too lazy to think about it carefully...

"Imperial Brother, I saw that she is extremely affected by the situation. Now, she looks very devastated and already ruined... Think of all the time that you are married to her and consider all the memories when you were together before you come up with a decision so you won't regret it until the end..." Prince Anders gently said for everyone to hear but he secretly whispered to his brother..."You should kill her! Believe me, she is a jinx!". Next, he placed his arm on his brother's back like he is trying to support him in this bleak situation.

Prince Andrew did not react but asked for Zander's opinion next, "Minister King, what do you think I should do?"

"Her crime is a serious offense but I am not comfortable with another bloodshed..." Zander gulped when Prince Andrew seems to look at him intensely but he recalled Marquis Khalajan's request to convince the prince to lessen the punishment for his daughter. He is very nervous inside because adultery is a very serious crime and a big insult to the prince! He recalled Beatrix's advice to look at the prince's eyes with great confidence and assurance, especially when he needs to impose on something so important. "I suggest you should file a divorce and ask for a huge compensation instead."

Prince Andrew's eyes grew colder and darker as he looked intently at the minister before he responded with a simple, "Okay!"

A few days before the Emperor's birthday, Prince Andrew divorced his wife and the former princess moved out of his mansion like some sort of soulless person. She remained very quiet and would only stare in one direction for the whole day! Her family's servants assisted her in her return to her maiden family. The Khalajan family had to say goodbye to a very important land title, several business ownership, and their gold deposits in exchange for her life and as a means of compensation for trampling the face of the imperial family! Most people are very curious about the divorce coupled with the rumored high compensation but that juicy news was immediately swept under the rug because of the incoming Emperor's birthday.

After Prince Andrew received the compensation, he invited Zander for a very serious talk...

"Minister King, you said that you are looking for a nice place to build your mansion." Prince Andrew opened the topic when they are already in his mansion.

"Yes, I am looking for a small place where I could build a simple home." He answered politely and then smile happily when he thought of living in their own home with his wife and children.

Prince Andrew curved his lips, pushed a document towards Zander and he said seriously, "I have a perfect present for you..."

Zander checked the document and discovered that it is a land title with an extremely high market value but it was originally owned by the Khalajans!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved