Page 369

Viktor greatly disagreed with his uncle's decision to exclude Prince Tyler, Emperor Timothy's only son, from the row to be eliminated.

"Viktor, he is only three years old! His father's mistakes are not his fault! He is also my nephew... Your little cousin... Don't you feel pity in your heart at all?" Prince Aiden explained to his nephew.

"That man betrayed and killed my parents! He did not show us any mercy! If Psi did not save us and protected us for several years, we would be long dead! Now tell me, why should we show mercy to his only son?!!" Viktor angrily rebutted.

Prince Aiden would like to respond but she signaled him to leave it to her.

"Hi, Viktor. Can you show me around?" She gently asked the angry young man and smiled gently, interrupting their heated conversation.

Viktor became disoriented and turned red when he realized that she was nearby when he went ballistic. He gazed at her ethereal face, unable to decide whether he should explain his side or not, but in the end, he just replied," Sure! Where do you want to start?"

"Up to you!" She smiled and motioned for him to lead the way. When he obeyed quickly, she took his arm and secretly gave Prince Aiden a playful wink as if saying, 'Trust me! I got this!'

Prince Aiden sighed in vexation. He was thankful that she helped him distract the angry lad but now... He could no longer show her around as they initially planned because the brat immediately grabbed the opportunity presented to him!

Haist!!!

They walked slowly around the camp. Viktor did his best to enthusiastically introduce things to her. There is not much to show around, except for the tents, supply rooms, storage rooms, armory, infirmary, kitchen, and training grounds.

"I know you are not interested in the things around here..." He declared after showing her around. "You just want to help my imperial uncle in convincing me to spare that man's child."

"My little Viktor is not only very handsome but very smart too! I like that!"

"So it is truly a... yes?!!" He could not believe she did not even try to deny it.

She chuckled and then teased him, "Why are you not so sure anymore?"

He did not reply but she knew he was listening and waiting for her to continue. When she realized that she got his full attention and was now ready to listen to reason impartially, she gave him an important question to ponder...

"Viktor, do you truly believe that a son should pay for the sins of his father?"

When he could not give her a definite answer, she gave him a clue so he could decide properly.

"Think about it carefully... Maybe it would help a lot if you see your little cousin and observe him from a distance. Know him first before deciding whether someone like him deserves to live or perish..."

"What if after doing that, I still decide to have that man's child executed?"

"Then the blood of an innocent child is on your hands. After you do that, you tell me... How are you different from the man you loathe so much?" She said and then left to give him time to think and decide carefully.

That night, Viktor made her so proud when he finally agreed to spare the child's life. While the three of them were in an ecstatic mood in front of the dining table, she suddenly drop a question.

"Now who would look after little Tyler and train him properly to become a good monarch someday?"

This time, the two men near her looked at her like she had two horns on her head. She knew what was in their minds so she could understand their reaction. They fought tooth and nail to kill Emperor Timothy and regain the capital of the Cloud Empire. Logically speaking, Viktor should claim his birthright and ascend the throne or if he is not interested, then Prince Aiden could become the next emperor of Cloud Empire... But why is she saying otherwise?

I am very sorry... I just want to follow the original plan as much as possible. In the original plan, Viktor should not have been born while Aiden was fated to die early. Emperor Timothy would have a very long reign before passing the throne of the Cloud Empire to his only surviving heir, Prince Tyler, who would ultimately lead Cloud Empire to a golden era! Well, that was the original plan... A lot has changed since you two survived!

"Psi, you don't want me or uncle to become the next emperor? You don't think we can lead an empire and its people?" Viktor asked her sadly like a beaten puppy.

"That's not what I mean..." She wanted to explain but revealing the secret to the mortals would lead to an unpleasant outcome.

Think... Think... Think... What should I do?

She felt too much pressure as she looked at their pained expression.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved