Page 319

Prince Andrew agreed to receive two hundred lashes so he could get the imperial edict stating that Beatrix Lamoreaux is now his wife. After he received the first part of his imperial father's punishment, he ignored the nasty whip wounds on his back and put on his upper clothes again. He hurriedly faced his imperial father and asked for the imperial edict...

"I completed your first requirement, can I have the imperial edict now?" He seriously said to his father hoping that he would keep his word this time.

He felt relief when his father finally gave him the imperial edict but he did not immediately rejoice! He needs to be sure so he checked the content thoroughly!

"Do you think I would deceive you?" Emperor Claudius frowned when he saw his son hurriedly checking the content of the edict.

"Forgive me, Imperial Father! I was already fooled once, I will never let it happen again!" He coldly declared and then he performed the customary farewell to the emperor before he turned his back to him.

"Son..." The emperor called his son as he walked away from him. When he saw him stop and listen, he tried to explain. "I love you and your imperial brother equally! As a monarch, I have to make a decision... And as a father, I did what I think is the best for you and your brother... There is no perfect preparation, training, or manual to become a perfect parent. You only do what you think is the best for your child. I know it is hard for you now but I also know you will understand what I mean when you become a father too."

Prince Andrew listened to his father's words but he chose to remain quiet and not give any comment. He just walked away and never looked back...

It was almost dawn and his back is hurting like hell! He can teleport to his mansion and heal his wounds immediately but he needs to preserve his energy for more important use later so he was forced to return to his mansion like a normal person. He asked a male servant to clean, treat, and dress the wounds as soon as possible! He needs to be ready again before the first ray of light!

Prince Anders did not sleep well that same evening. He has been tossing and turning on his bed all night! He was very curious, worried, and excited when his imperial father sent him a note last night saying:

Wait for my final decision in the morning. The head eunuch will bring the imperial edict. Don't come to the palace and meet me before that time.

When dawn arrived, he immediately prepared to receive the head eunuch carrying his imperial father's decision. He was very excited and hopeful when the head eunuch unroll the edict and begin reading the content but soon, his smile instantly turned to a frown when he heard that his imperial father is officially assigning Princess Madeline as his imperial wife! He could no longer continue listening and he does not give a damn about the remaining content and instruction inside the edict!

"Stop! I will never accept that!!!" He angrily blurted out and hurriedly left the receiving hall to see his imperial father. He wants to confront his imperial father and try to change his decision using the usual means but if he does not listen to him, he will use his secret ability to control his father's mind so he could get what he wants and make his cursed imperial brother pay dearly! That was his plan but his imperial brother is already waiting for him along the road... 

"Imperial Brother, don't expect that I will let you win! No matter what happens, she is my wife and I am her true husband! I will talk to father and mark my words... I will get her back!!!" Prince Anders angrily declared to his brother.

"Of course, I believe you, Imperial Brother! And I know what are you capable of! That's why I made a trap, especially for you!" Prince Andrew replied coldly and smirked next.

Prince Anders was about to say something when the place where he is standing suddenly became a black absorbing hole! Everything happened so fast that half of his body immediately sank! He tried to escape by clinging to the side but his brother speedily pushed him inside the black swirling hole! He angrily glared and uttered curses at his brother when the black swirling hole pulled him deeper and further away until he could no longer see anything!

Prince Andrew coughed up blood when the black swirling hole closed and the place returned to normal! Earlier, he preserved his energy for this exact reason... To use the space and time manipulation skill to open a portal and send his pesky brother to who knows where! He knows the danger of using unmastered ability but he is willing to take the risk to ensure that his brother could no longer return to ruin his happiness...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved