Page 371

The Cloud Empire was officially divided. The southern part retained its name while the northern part was named Sky Empire. After doing all the legalities and formalities, Prince Aiden was very delighted after his little nephew, Prince Tyler, successfully ascended the throne of Cloud Empire without trouble.

When the coronation day of the first emperor of the Sky Empire finally arrived, he was probably the happiest and proudest man in the crowd! He looked at his grown-up nephew like a proud father looking at his son receiving merits. He observed the young man dressed grandly for this momentous event and taking powerful yet graceful strides toward the dais. He was so pleased his dear nephew will finally get the crown and throne that he deserved! 

He secretly took a side glance at the magnificent woman beside him and he felt more excited because after the coronation, he would take her to a secluded area that he prepared and then he was going to tell her his feelings! If all goes well, he would immediately ask her to marry him! 

I wish she would say 'Yes' to my love confession and then to my marriage proposal... 

He could no longer wait for the coronation ceremony to be over! He wanted to know her answer the soonest time possible! He feared the possibility of rejection but he would like to stay positive. His mind began to wander... He imagined her affectionate expression and the words he would like to hear after his confession... 'Yes, I love you too, Aiden!' and 'Of course, I will marry you!' 

He smiled widely and genuinely as he saw inside his mind their joyous wedding ceremony... their blissful days and nights as a married couple... their wonderful time with their adorable children in their simple home... 

"Ah, yes! That is the life that I want..." He declared openly. The beautiful image of a blissful future was too sweet and tempting to ignore. 

At the same time, she looked at him seriously and his heart thumped even more when their eyes met! She smiled sweetly and held his hand excitedly. Her seductive lips moved to say, "Aiden, I am so glad that you want it! I am a little worried because you were so silent all these years..."

"Of course, I want it! I am just hesitant to tell you because I think I do not deserve it..."

"Believe me. I've seen you change! Now listen to me when I say that you deserve it!"

"Really?!" He could not help but feel overwhelmed by excessive happiness hearing from her that he deserved her love.

She nodded in excitement to assure him.

"Then it is a dream come true for me!" He answered excitedly as the happy scenes returned inside his head. 

She grinned and squeezed his hand gently before pulling him toward the highest platform. She did not dawdle anymore after everyone heard his acceptance.

He did not question her when she suddenly pulled him toward the dais where Viktor was waiting for them. He was not listening or paying attention to the ceremony so he just play along with her. He will just simply ask her when they reached the highest part of the platform but he was stunned or more like petrified when she put the ceremonial robe around his body and then some sort of fragrant oil to his forehead before Viktor placed the heavy and cold crown on his head! 

What the hell is happening?!! 

The next thing he knew, he heard someone announce loudly, "Long live to His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Aiden, the first ruler of the Sky Empire!"

The subordinates greeted him in unison and bowed in his direction. He wanted to ask for some explanation but the two were not beside him anymore! Suddenly, he was alone in the most elevated spot...

His eyes automatically scanned the surroundings to locate her. He found her smiling happily and mouthing, "Congratulations, Aiden!" before signaling him to sit on the throne.

But he did not!

He frowned when realization dawned on him...

The two joined forces and schemed behind his back! He finally understood why his nephew insisted on arranging all the preparation by himself while she kept him distracted with other things as the legalities were still ongoing!

He chuckled without happiness when he recalled the past...

This was what I desired twenty years ago... To become an emperor and fill my harem with all types of beauties! I should be happy...

But he was not! Instead, his eyes looked at the seat beside her. He expected it to be empty but it was not!

His nephew was now occupying the seat beside her, smiling naughtily while mouthing the words, "What you deserved... "

It was already late at night, the whole place was still in a festive atmosphere as the banquet was prepared to last for three days. Most people were busy celebrating the momentous event but the center of celebration was not elated at all. He was thinking about the secluded place that he tediously set up for several days. He was certain the place was now ruined as the heavy downpour destroyed his effort just like his coronation destroyed his intended plan for that day! Now he was so drunk glaring at the two individuals busy talking, laughing, eating, and dancing like there is no tomorrow! He grabbed his empty liquor container and aimed at his smiling nephew who looked like a predator smiling at the prey...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved