Page 384

"Are you sure... " He gulped in pain and hesitation as he continued his next words, "... that they are all mine?"

She raised her eyebrow and answered dryly, "Do you think I would travel to several places and talk to different people just to randomly drag them here? I knew it from the very beginning... They are all yours!"

He closed his eyes and sighed deeply before asking, "Why do you have to find them and bring them here now? They are already..." He swept them a glance before immediately returning his gaze to her, "...grown-ups! Don't you think it's a bit too late now?"

"It is never too late! Aiden, you've run away for too long! Now is your chance to make it up to them... I think you are ready now, unlike before..." She tried to put on her best smile to encourage him and used a joke to lighten the mood, "Previously, you only knew how to make babies... Now, you know how to become a good father! I am sure that you will do what is right and just this time..."

He looked at her solemnly. He already knew where is this heading so he could no longer smile even though she was trying to cheer him up.

"Why are you doing this?" He finally asked after a prolonged silence.

"You and Viktor... I don't want you to fight. I don't want any of you to get hurt... I tried to talk to him but he would not listen. He would not let go of his hatred... You are right! He is both stubborn and vengeful but I also don't want to imprison him on the island..." She sighed deeply and suddenly, she felt weak and helpless... "He threatened to kill you again when there is a chance! My Celestial Father might summon me any moment... When that happens, I would not be here to protect you and stop Viktor."

"You don't believe that I could fight and win against him?" He was hurt that she did not trust in his ability.

"Aiden, this is not about what I believe." She stared straight into his eyes, letting him see her fear and anxiety..."I hate to say this but we both know that Viktor is stronger than you... He has more knowledge... more natural gifts... more supporters... You cannot win against him! I saw it! From countless combined possibilities, I saw you die one way or another in his hands..."

He saw her hands tremble thus he knew her visions must be very awful. He held her hand gently to give her strength and comfort. When her fearful eyes slowly looked at him, he stared into her beautiful misty eyes... 

"Psi, I am not afraid to die... Not anymore! You made me realize that people live and then die eventually... You said death is a natural process." 

"But I don't want it! I don't want you to die!!!" She grabbed both of his arms and unintentionally pressed them stronger, releasing her strong negative emotions this way... "I know what I need to do so he and his supporters will not bother you anymore...

"What are you trying to say?" A mixture of dread and anxiety registered on his face.

"I can only do what's best for everyone... I need to leave and take Viktor and all his loyal supporters to a place where they would never want to leave anymore... This way, your status and power will immediately stabilize and grow. You can easily rule Sky Empire and impose all your plans."

He ignored the pain in his arms as the pain inside his heart was even deeper and greater! He is not stupid. He understood what she meant... The thought of her leaving him behind and the days of lonely existence was already driving him crazy! He knew it was more tragic than death... He would like to beg her to stay. It doesn't matter if he dies the next day... However, seeing her frightened face and helpless appearance was also eating him inside so he steeled himself and decided to forget his heart's desire...

"Okay. Calm down. What do you want me to do?"

"I... I want you to live long... As long as you can!"

"Okay. I will do that."

After hearing his assurance, she became a little more lively...

"I want you to fulfill your dreams! Live your life to your maximum potential! I want you to be great and successful!" 

Seeing her positive reaction made him want to agree to anything she wanted.

"Sure. I can do that."

"Take care of Sky Empire and its people! Do your best and make it great!"

"Of course, I will make you proud!" 

She reluctantly made a sideway glance at the women and children before saying another request, "Treat them better this time. You owe them a lot. Plus, they are your family now..."

He nodded solemnly and hurriedly asked his most pressing question.

"Are you going to visit me from time to time?"

When she remained quiet, he already knew the devastating answer...

"You would at least visit me before I die, right?"

When she still did not respond, he became agitated.

"Well, at least, don't let your subordinates reap my soul! I swear I would never die peacefully and I would never enter the -"

She covered his mouth using her hand and sadly studied his features as she made a promise.

 "Idiot... I will return on that day and make fun of your wrinkly face..."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved