Page 295

"Beatrix... wait... Not here... I mean... Yes... Yes... " Zander mumbled softly before nervous laughter and soft groans escaped from his lips. Next, the blue imperial carriage starts to depart the palace ground leaving everyone behind. Other people did not notice the naughty incident but two people saw and heard everything from where they are standing...

Zander King... You are probably secretly laughing your head off every time I would offer my help so you could get your freedom!!!

The two princes had similar angry thoughts while the blue imperial carriage is slowly receding from view. At that same moment, they secretly made a vow inside their hearts while observing the object getting farther and smaller from their view...

She may be legally yours today but not for very long! She will be mine once again as she only belongs to me!!!

After the blue imperial carriage disappeared, it was Prince Andrew who first broke the deafening silence...

"Imperial Brother, I am very busy right now. Just like Minister King, I won't be able to attend your feast tonight. I will just send my gifts to compensate."  Prince Andrew nonchalantly declared. He is more eager now to break the general to get all the answers to his questions!

"No need. I understand." Prince Anders replied indifferently. Now, he does not care whether his hateful imperial brother and his former friend attend it or not... Honestly, it is better that he would not see them at his happy celebration!

The two brothers went their separate ways... 

Prince Andrew went to his dungeon to forcibly extract the answer from the stubborn general. He ordered his men to blindfold Lady Andrea while he is interrogating General Ardor. Every time the general would give him an unsatisfactory answer, he would break the general's bone one by one starting with the fingers and then the toes until he would break even bigger bones! He vented his great anger and pain to the person who married off his beloved woman to another man! He did it not only to blow off some steam but also to express his pent-up emotions! The general could only grit his teeth and clench his hands to suppress the screams from escaping every time the angry prince would break his bone! He does not want his wife to get scared witless if she hears both the sickening sound of breaking bones and his frightening screams of suffering! 

Prince Andrew only stopped inflicting pain on the stubborn general when his spy whispered to him that Beatrix and Zander are now going back to the general's mansion. He smirked at the sorry state of the famous general after he is done. Next, he used healing, his newly mastered ability, to the general. After all, how can he extract the information and punish the general the next night if he becomes a corpse? That night, nothing is more important to him than the opportunity to be close to the woman he loves and spend the night with her...

On the same night, Prince Anders hosted a grand banquet in his mansion. Several important officials attended it but the emperor and empress only send him several valuable presents. The emperor said that he is so busy with some important documents but the truth is he is just busy solving the cube! He thinks that he is already so close and cannot bear to part with the object! The empress is not feeling well after several days and nights of seeing her dear husband holding the cube all the time, taking it with him all the time, and even hugging the object in his sleep every night! The poor woman did not know what is worse... Is it having another woman as a rival to his affection or having a strange object occupying his whole being all the time? In the end, she feels very unwell so she decided to stay in her bedroom to rest!

The Minister of Finance greets Prince Anders and signaled for his servants to present his gifts to the second prince. The prince nodded indicating that he accepts the gift.

"Your Highness, if I may ask, what is the purpose of this abrupt celebration?" The minister curiously asked because he and the other officials just received the invitation to the prince's banquet on that same day.

A beautiful smile instantly formed on Prince Anders' lips before he excitedly replied, "Today, I lost something very precious and so important so I have to celebrate it!!!"

"You lost something very precious and so important but you are celebrating it?" Like the other officials who asked the same question, the minister also frowned in confusion.

Prince Anders chuckled in happiness. Of course, other people will never understand but he is not going to explain how wonderful it was to keep something very precious for a long time and then lost it to the woman he truly loves! Tonight, he will celebrate with the officials but when dawn arrives, he will be there beside her once again...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved