Page 245

One night, Beatrix and Zander decided to drink together while they reminisce about their three years of marriage. At first, they had a happy chat but after drinking a few cups of alcohol, Zander is already red and has been talking and laughing too much even for a very simple and lame joke!

Beatrix knew that her husband's alcohol tolerance is very low! She shook her head with amusement and assisted him to rest on his bed so he could sleep early but before she could leave, he suddenly stood up from his bed, grabbed her shoulder, and faced her seriously. His face is so red from alcohol intoxication.

"Beatrix, I love you so much! I will do anything you ask me to do! Just please love me and make me your man!" His voice is hoarse and words are slurring but his eyes remained so clear and bright as his hands that rest on her shoulder become more steady.

"Zander, you are drunk. Let us discuss this tomorrow." She told him while trying to ignore the strong emotion in his eyes.

"No! I might not have the same courage tomorrow! Beatrix, I love you so much! I want to be your husband! Not just a partner or companion! I want you to treat me as your man! Not just your friend!" He declared with strong determination and sincerity in his eyes.

Beatrix looked at him for a moment before she answered, "Zander, you have been a very good partner and companion all this time. What we have is truly great! Did you know that I planned on setting you free and even giving you a huge amount of money if ever you meet your true love?" She softly told him with expressed melancholy in her words.

"Beatrix, you are my true love! I am not asking you to set me free! I am begging you to open your heart to me! Let me become your man! Your true husband!" He directly declared with utmost persistence.

"Why do you want to take it to the next level when everything is so perfect? Why do you want to throw away all the good things that we have now for something ridiculous and fleeting?" She softly said while smoothly caressing his cheeks.

"Beatrix... Wife... I do not know why you are saying this. Please believe me when I say that I truly love you! Please let me enter your heart!" Zander pleaded seriously.

She smiled bitterly and remember someone who promised to love her only and eternally but he end up breaking his promise and causing her misery and death in the end!

"Love... There is no such thing as love! There are only personal interests and lust! Yes! Those two things can be perceived as one great true love! How pathetic!!!" She declared with vehemence and laughed maniacally next.

"That is not true! My love for you is real and strong! What proof do you want? I will do it!" He declared trying to shake the strange feeling that she is giving him. He is also trying to talk some sense into her as her action seems to display a borderline between sanity and insanity!

Finally, she stopped laughing maniacally and became dead serious next, "Zander, let us remain partners and friends! What we have now is extremely good! Let us not destroy it by entering into a more serious relationship. That love you are talking about is such a fancy and fragile thing... As time passed by, you will lose interest! You will meet different women and learn to play with them... Soon, you will discover that a serious relationship is boring, tiring, and suffocating! In the end, that stupid and ridiculous feeling called love is nothing but a fake and unreliable delusion!!!"

"I do not know who hurts you so bad but true love is real! My love for you is real! If it is as you say it is... then that is not true love! Wife, please... allow me to prove to you that my love for you is real and sincere!" He told her sincerely but he could only see darkness in her eyes and feel the coldness in her heart.

"No! Enough of this! I do not want to hear any of this! If you will not stop this pure nonsense then we better separate now!" She stormed out of his tent and went back inside her tent and then ordered the guards to never allow Zander to get near her!

Zander tried to follow her but the guards barred him from getting close to her tent! He tried to fight his way but he is nothing compared to them! He called for her name and begged her to come out and sort things out!

Beatrix tried to ignore him and decided to sleep now to calm her mind, heart, and soul but his unwavering and disconcerting pleading outside her tent is making her both mentally and emotionally troubled! She lay on her bed and cover her ears with pillows but she could still hear his muffled voice!

"Guards, are you all deaf?!! Silence him!!!" She angrily shouted inside her tent when she could no longer take it! Her head is beginning to ache and spin from all the stress that she experienced. She sighed when finally everything seems very quiet...

Great! At last, it is peaceful!

She thought and soon, she was lulled into a deep and peaceful sleep...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved