Page 308

The emperor was deeply conflicted! He loves his two imperial sons equally and if possible, he wants to give them what they want but this time, he could not do it! He had to choose but who among the two? He sighed helplessly as he keep on thinking of a solution to his problem. At the same time, he also recalled the political marriage proposed by Emperor Jurass of the Cloud Empire... He was deeply troubled so he decided to ask for his empress' opinion...

"I think Lady Beatrix is more suited to our first son." Empress Alyna immediately replied.

"Why do you think so?" He frowned in confusion because he heard from the reports that it is his second son and Lady Beatrix are usually seen together so he asked for an explanation.

"She could make our cold and distant son show his warm and affectionate side." She answered based on her observation and understanding of her first son's behavior. Furthermore, she wanted to convince her husband to betroth Lady Beatrix to her first son because she knew deep inside her heart that her first son would never allow that young woman to run around and show her dangerous beauty to everyone once she becomes his imperial wife... Others may not be aware but she knows that her first son is overly possessive and territorial! She observed that side of him since young...

He chuckled when he heard her answer. Now, he suddenly figured out what he needs to do... Well, he knew it was the best arrangement for everyone from the start but he is just avoiding it because he does not want his first son to be offended and think that he is being partial again to his second son. He shook his head and smiled as he begins to finalize his decision by writing the imperial decree.

He is aware that his first son is a very ambitious person so marrying the princess of Cloud Empire will have more benefits and advantages to him in the future than marrying General Ardor's daughter...

On the other hand, he is going to give Lady Beatrix's hand in marriage to his second son because according to the reports that he received, these two seem to like each other so well. He is certain that they would click together like a puzzle perfectly cut for each other! He wanted to bring back happiness into the lives of two people who both lost their significant other...

Emperor Claudius thought that this is the best for everyone! He will break his promise to his first son but he is also doing him a great favor! He is just being a good father and monarch... He tried his best so everyone will have a win-win situation or so that was what he thought when he made the decision!

The official mourning period ended! Emperor Claudius and Empress Alyna summoned Beatrix to enter the palace. Prince Andrew and Prince Anders were present when the emperor reminded Beatrix about the old marriage arrangement. Each of the two princes is very excited and positive that their imperial father will grant them what they wish especially Prince Andrew because he worked so hard for it! Plus, his imperial father promised him that he would grant him anything once he completed the task and that was what he did so he waited patiently and secretly hoped that his imperial father will honor his promise and will become generous to him this time...

The emperor announced the political marriage as well as the fact that he already had a decision... That was the time that both of the princes were shocked to the core! The two brothers immediately looked at each other for a clue if the other person knew beforehand but they both discovered that both of them are not aware! Their hearts thumped loudly from worry, fear, and nervousness... When each of them received their edict, their hearts thumped even louder while they unroll the edict...

Prince Andrew started reading the edict and he could not believe it! He asked his imperial father for Beatrix's hand in marriage but now, he is ordering him to marry someone else?!! He felt his imperial father betrayed his trust! He felt his imperial father tricked him intentionally so he would do the job willingly with all of his might!

He instantly looked at Beatrix for additional strength but that was probably the worst thing to do at that time! He saw her horrified expression when their eyes met... It pains him! The awful feeling inside him worsen!

When his imperial brother happily approach his beloved woman and excitedly announced their betrothal, it broke his heart! When the two smiling couple approached him to congratulate him on his good fortune, it darkened his mind! When his imperial father and imperial mother gave their blessing and best wishes to the happy couple, it felt like everyone ganged up on him!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved