Page 353

Prince Anders was so angry with himself for failing to immediately figure out the connection earlier. He was so distraught she went missing that his mind seemed to not work like usual. Now that he thought about it, he noticed that someone seems to be watching him and Beatrix most of the time when they were still boarded on 'Sea Mermaid' but every time he would look in the direction where he could feel that someone is watching them closely and intently, no one seems to be there, or at least, no one matched from the people he could see in the surroundings... 

It makes sense now! That brat was with us the whole time! He was nearby... watching her like a pervert! He was probably waiting for the opportunity to approach her but since I always make sure that I accompany and guard her against all drooling predators, he could not approach her... Not until the time she fell on the water! Yes! That must be the opening he had been waiting for...

He gritted his teeth and clenched his hands! He felt so stupid on top of being extremely angry! It was a dark, cold, and breezy night on the sea but he thought the boat was moving so slowly, it is killing him! He grabbed the oars and row the boat as fast as he could... He needs to get there fast! He struck the water and propelled the boat with all of his might again and again, releasing some of the tension and frustration while he imagines he is striking the face of the animal who took his beloved woman...

Beatrix opened her eyes to familiar surroundings. She smiled when she saw the face of the man she was longing for. He has been worriedly guarding her unconscious form for two hours straight. He was afraid that she would be in another coma and after several days, the physicians would tell him again that she is truly dead and will never regain consciousness this time! He felt huge relief when she opened her eyes and her beautiful smile made all his effort seem worthwhile... 

"Viktor..." She lovingly called his name.

His smile instantly faded when she addressed him using another name again. He does not know why she keeps calling him that from the moment she gained consciousness. He could not help but feel annoyed thinking that she might be referring to another man, not him..."My name is Valentine, Beatrix... Not Viktor... " His heart was instantly gripped with strange emotion so he could not stop the tone of jealousy and insecurity in his voice.

She immediately realized her mistake when she saw his dejected expression and heard the sarcasm in his voice. She sat on the bed, cupped his face, and stared intently at him. Initially, she only wanted to explain but could not stop giggling now when she noticed his dejection instantly turned to nervousness... He is blushing so much and his eyes seem to be looking somewhere randomly, trying to avoid staring into her eyes directly. At that time, she figured out something about him!

He likes me! Why didn't I notice it before? I thought he was sweating a lot on the island and reddening too much because of the hot weather. It turns out he was just too shy to say it...

She smiled widely. She was a little worried before that he might reject her because they did not know each other long enough in this lifetime. Plus, he did not say he likes her... However, as she recalled the things that happened on the island as well as the time she stayed here in the palace of Solaris Empire, he truly did not say anything but his words and actions gave away so many hints about his true feelings for her!

Viktor... Valentine... Whatever your name is! You are so lovable from the very beginning... Like always! The reason why I cannot bear to reap your innocent soul at that time... The exact reason I decided to take care of you when no one was around to care for you... I gave you love when no one was there to love you. I protected you when the world wants to harm you. I gave you what you needed and watched you grow day by day until you became a man. I supported what you wanted to become and made things possible for you. Sure, I could give you anything, except for that... 

She thought before she embraced him tightly out of the blue! She felt his body stiffen from surprise and then tingle from excitement and anticipation. She placed her ear to his chest so she could hear the loud thumping of his heart.

Oh, yes... I could not give it before but I can give it now!

She stopped embracing him and looked at his dumbfounded expression... She is so excited as she is completely convinced this must be the right time!

"Valentine Solaris... Will you marry me?" She asked sincerely and then smiled widely, waiting for his answer. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved