Page 299

Zander hesitated to leave for a moment! He wants to help them but the head of the guards forced him to leave immediately or their sacrifice will be for nothing if he died with them! He thanked them before he ran deeper into the forest to obey their request so they could concentrate on fighting... 

The three guards tried their best to fight the masked man but he is too fast and too fierce! They applied several fighting techniques to surround and kill the enemy but he always escape it! When one of them suddenly lose his focus, the masked man immediately took the opportunity to strike one of them dead! The other two guards were horrified but they did not give up! They continued to resist their enemy... 

They realized their huge mistake when the remaining bandits suddenly appeared and swarmed deeper into the forest! They got so worried for their young minister and so their concentration dwindled for a short moment but that moment was the opportunity that the masked man wants! He stabbed the neck of the leader of the guards giving him a fatal wound! Before he died, the leader signaled the last remaining guard to escape and find their young master! He was their young master's last hope! The last guard tried to run and escape but when he thought that he successfully run deeper into the forest, a metallic arrow struck his skull, killing him instantly! 

The arrow came from the masked man who immediately hid behind the scene after killing all the guards. He stealthily hid nearby and observed the remaining bandits successfully capture Zander. The bandits asked Zander to surrender to them the proof of ownership of the gold deposit. They want to withdraw that large amount of gold on that day before they set him free. That way, they would not need to steal or rob for a long time. They will take a very long vacation and live like monarchs but Zander said that he did not bring it with him, contrary to their expectations. They frisked him and checked his clothes... 

When they realized that he truly does not have the proof of ownership with him, their hate doubled as they recalled how they almost lost their lives and how their brothers, relatives, and comrades died at the hands of the minister's guards! Zander tried to negotiate with them but their hatred and disappointment were unsurmountable! They were not able to get the gold as compensation for their great effort and huge loss but they could harvest the minister's life to avenge themselves and their fallen brothers, relatives, and comrades! In the end, several bandits ruthlessly stabbed Zander's body, puncturing most of his organs. They left him that way so he would suffer before he dies...

The masked man saw everything from his vantage point. He also left when the bandits left the vicinity... Now, he is sure that the biggest obstacle will soon be dead and erased from his path! He secretly went back to his mansion and removed his mask and black clothes stained by the blood of several people. He smiled excitedly while enjoying a nice warm bath...

In the dungeon, General Ardor was forced to divulge the whole truth to Prince Andrew. The general and his wife were very worried after the truth was revealed because the prince's face darkened and did not speak to them for a long time. The truth is... Prince Andrew was able to confirm that his instinct is right... 

Imperial Brother seems already aware! Come to think of it... Why would the old prime minister suddenly file a sick leave the next day my Beatrix showed herself to the public? That only means my imperial brother knows the truth now and the old man is now under his control! I am not surprised if he hates me to the bone now and is just pretending that nothing changed between us... He is probably executing his plan now to eliminate the obstacles starting with our former friend, Minister King... And I am next on his list... It does not matter because he is now on my list too!!!

Soon, a black-clad spy arrived and greeted Prince Andrew. The spy immediately approached and whispered an important report to his master ...

"Your Highness, Minister King is very angry and he is heading this way." The spy told his master, careful enough to never let the general and his wife overhear this important piece of information. At that moment, the pair of husband and wife saw a very seductive smile from the prince. It was a beautiful sight to behold, unfortunately, their instinct is telling them of foreboding.

I think it is about time to face my former friend and be direct with him...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved