Page 228

After the empress gave each of the two princes a loving embrace, the two princes decided to ask for their Imperial Mother's advice in matters of the heart...

"Imperial Mother, do you think we should just accept it and blindly marry the woman we do not love or even like?" Prince Andrew seriously and directly asked their loving mother. His Imperial Brother is very silent beside him but he knows that they share the same opinion and feelings over this matter.

"I do not know if that is the best thing for you but it is a good thing for this family and the empire." The empress seriously told her two sons while she is on her bed. She knows that her two sons do not want to marry their betrothed and she knows why. They have extreme devotion or more like an obsession with the girl that only exists in their dreams! That is much more frightening and disturbing for her as a mother! She is very worried and does not want her two sons to become crazy over something they cannot have! As much as it pains her to force her two beloved sons but this time, she steeled her heart and followed General Ardor's script. "Andrew, Anders, I am very worried... I probably do not have much time left..." The empress told her two sons with tears in her eyes.

"Imperial Mother, please do not say that!" Prince Anders emotionally said and held the empress' hand.

Prince Andrew remained quiet... He also feels the same, he does not want their loving mother to be gone so early but this type of talk is not his cup of tea so he chose to be silent and let his Imperial Brother do the talking. Anyway, he already knew where is this heading...

"I want to see both of you married to those good noble ladies. Who knows, you might be able to learn to love your wife in the future..." Empress Alyna heartfully expressed her request to her two sons.

Prince Anders became stiff while Prince Andrew closed his eyes and sighed helplessly. They are silently thinking... How can they refuse? They truly do not want to marry their betrothed but do they still have a choice? Their Imperial Father strongly demands it! Their Imperial Mother begged them for it! Most people are expecting them to do it!

They want to fight for their love and insist to marry only the woman they truly love but they could not do it! Not because they are cowards but because it is not possible! How can they extract her from their dream and make her stay in their reality so they could fight for her, marry her, and build a happy family with her?

She is just a dream... A wonderful dream they could never have no matter how high their status! No matter how wealthy they are! No matter how powerful and influential they are! It is simply impossible! That is why they cannot blame their Imperial Father and Imperial Mother... From other people's perspective, they are nuts!!!

In the end, the two princes married their betrothed for the sake of their Imperial Father, Imperial Mother, and Sky Empire... On their eighteenth birthday, the double wedding ceremony and celebration were properly done from the smallest to the grandest details. Everyone is in a great mood except for the two grooms who felt like they are attending a funeral instead... During the ceremony, they are both contemplating whether they should continue the marriage or run away again before the whole ceremony can be completed! Their thoughts are probably too apparent on their faces because the emperor flashed them looks of warning while the empress gave them looks of encouragement and assurance to continue and finish the wedding ceremony... The twin brothers silently looked at each other in tacit understanding. They both sighed in defeat as being sad, lonely, and miserable is probably written on their fate!

From the beginning to the end of the marriage ceremony, they are just there... marrying the woman they do not love or even like... They could not feel any form of happiness, excitement, or anticipation! Whenever they are very close to running away, they pretend that they are marrying the woman in their dreams... Imagining her beautiful face and sweet smile behind the bridal veil... That way they were able to finish the whole wedding ceremony but after going through all the formality, they excused themselves and did not join the wedding celebration!

The emperor and empress did not force them anymore. They are already satisfied that they were able to convince or more like force their two imperial sons to settle down. Now, they do not want to push further and only want their two sons to accept their new reality on their own... Who knows? Their two sons might learn to love their wives in the future... They are not in a hurry... After all, some things take time to happen!

The two brothers meet in their secret place inside the palace since young. Prince Anders brought two large jars of strong liquor and was a little surprised when he saw that his twin brother brought an even bigger two jars of strong liquor!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved