Page 283

He was so happy that his dear friend turned the tables. He, on the other hand, is still doing his secret double life... A crown prince during the day and a theater actor at night! He misses the time that they were still young and together so when he heard that his friend is finally coming back to the capital, he was very happy! He wants to see his friend soonest but his Imperial Father forbade him and told him that he needs to be patient because he will see his friend on his wedding day! 

He was surprised because he was never informed that he was betrothed to someone but arranged marriage is a common practice in the imperial family so he did not dwell on it too much. As a member of the imperial family, he was already aware of that possibility long ago so he did not try to refuse. He focused on the thought that his close friend is coming back and will become an honored guest at his wedding...

His whole world shattered when he finally met the person he is going to marry on his wedding day! He was happy that he finally saw his friend again! He was happy that the formerly short, thin, and sickly-looking kid is now a great tall boulder! He likes his friend, Ardor, so much but not to the point of marrying him! What the fuck!!!

He was very thankful when his friend ran away from the ridiculous wedding and was pursued by General Arthur and his loyal men together with his Imperial Father's guards! It seems his imperial father underestimated him too much that he sent all the guards that he brought to the wedding to pursue and bring his friend back forcefully! When they were already alone inside the desolate wedding hall, he confronted his father...

"Imperial Father, I am a man! My friend is also a man! Why are you forcing us to marry each other?!!" He could not help but expressed the anger and disappointment in his heart.

"You will never understand! We did what was needed to be done!" Emperor Julius held his son tightly to prevent him from running away too.

"Imperial Father, make me understand! Why are you doing this nonsense and ridiculous thing?!!" He asked him, ignoring the pain in his shoulder as his father is holding it very tightly.

"You know about the war between Sky Empire and Cloud Empire three decades ago... Everyone knows that Sky Empire's troops crushed the Cloud Empire's troops mercilessly but the truth is... It was the opposite! The Sky Empire's troops were defeated... General Arthur and I were the only ones that remained. We are already surrounded by enemy soldiers. We tried to fight but there is nothing we could do anymore! The surrounding enemies are just toying with us! They are laughing at our futile attempts to fight and preserve our life. We could almost see our grim ending and we could not do anything about it except fight until we drew our last breath... Suddenly, everything stopped! All the attacks suddenly stopped! Even the arrows that are approaching us suddenly stopped midair! Only General Arthur and I are moving at that time. It seems that time itself stopped and a deafening silence reigned... We looked at the frozen enemies with confusion and then an extremely attractive being appeared in front of us! She told us that she could spare our lives and grant us victory. She said that she could give us a different fate... A different ending in exchange for something very precious." Emperor Julius explained to his son. His expressions and words are both scary and mysterious.

"What is that?" The crown prince asked for more information. The story is insane but he could not help the curiosity in his heart.

"She told us that in exchange for sparing our lives and giving the victory to Sky Empire, we need to unite our families through marriage within three decades or else, she will reap our souls and then Sky Empire will be doomed to follow its original fate... We did not know at that time! It was an extremely tempting offer! We were desperate so we agreed, thinking that it was very easy to fulfill... True to her words, she made the impossible happen! The time did not only stop but also turned backward at incredible speed! We saw how our fallen comrades were suddenly resurrected without any fatal wounds or injuries... They fought bravely, intelligently, savagely, and strangely synchronized like they were in some sort of magical trance... Before we know it, victory is already in our hands! We went home victorious and Sky Empire became stable and safe... But after three decades, I only have you while General Arthur has only your friend, General Ardor, as our offspring to fulfill the end of the bargain..." Emperor Julius told his son seriously.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved