Page 251

"What I want to say is... I am pregnant now!" Beatrix told them and they reacted differently!

"Yes!!! I won the bet! Now, pay up! Pay up! Pay up!" Lady Andrea happily nudged her father and husband to pay after losing the bet.

The two high-ranking men scratched their heads. Prime Minister Aaron gave a very precious gem to his daughter while General Ardor sighed helplessly and said, "Okay, I will ask the Emperor later... I do not know if His Majesty will approve..."

"Of course, His Majesty will approve! Just tell him what I told you last night!" Lady Andrea grinned mischievously.

"What is happening?" The married couple asked them with clear confusion on their faces.

"We know that you will eventually fall in love with each other and create your own family in the future. It is just a matter of when... So we made a bet and I won!" Her mother explained to her happily. She embraced her daughter tightly and said, "We are very happy for both of you!"

Prime Minister Aaron grasped Zander's shoulder before saying, "Always remain a good person and take care of your family, young man!"

"Yes, Sir!" Zander nodded happily as he declared.

"Since my granddaughter accepted you as her husband, you can call me 'Grandpa' now!" The prime minister gave his blessing and pat the young man's shoulder.

"Thank you, Grandpa!" Zander immediately accepted the offer and smile widely.

Next, the frail young man received a powerful lift and suffocating hug from General Ardor before receiving his blessing or more like a threat, "Zander, you must make my daughter happy or else..." The general made a gesture of slitting his throat as a warning to his son-in-law!

"Don't worry, Sir! I will always love and cherish her more than my life!" He declared directly and confidently.

"More than your life, you say? Okay! Then you must call me 'Father' and my wife 'Mother' moving forward!!!" The general declared in his booming and authoritative voice.

"Thank you, Father and Mother!" Zander replied with extreme happiness in his heart and contentment in his mind. At that moment, he realized that he finally reached all his dreams and his life is now perfect!

That night, a trusted physician checked Beatrix's condition and declared his diagnosis and recommendation to the couple...

"Lady Beatrix's pregnancy is very sensitive at this moment so I would like to ask for your full support and cooperation to ensure the safety of the baby..." The physician said seriously.

"What should we do?" Zander asked the physician worriedly. Beatrix nodded while gently rubbing her small belly as a means to extend her love and protection for her unborn child.

The physician looked grimly before saying, "I advise Minister Zander and Lady Beatrix to refrain from any bedroom activities in the meantime while the condition of the pregnancy is still unstable."

The married couple nodded their head in approval as Beatrix placed her hands on her belly protectively while Zander placed his hands above her hands for comfort and support. When they are already inside the bedroom and cuddling on the bed, Zander suggested to Beatrix...

"Wife, I know that you like staying in your father's mansion and I understand that you are very comfortable here but I want us to have our place where we could live together and rear our children... It is not that this place is awful. The truth is... I like your family just as much as I love you! This place held lots of beautiful memories but I do not want to always rely on your parents. I want us to have a place that we could call our own... Do you agree with me?" Zander slowly explained to his wife his plan.

She listened attentively to his words. She understands his thoughts and wants to support his plans for their family but she wants to tease him in the meantime, "What if I do not agree and want to stay here... Are you going to force me?"

Zander smiled helplessly and said, "Of course, it is up to you! As long as you are happy, I am always with you!"

"Very well said! But I have decided to support your idea on one condition!" She told him craftily.

"What is it?" He smiled wider when he heard her intriguing reply.

"I will only move out after I gave birth to our firstborn! My pregnancy is sensitive so I will not strain myself by moving to another place this time and away from my dear family." She explained and pouted sexily.

"Great! I will find a perfect location and submit to you the blueprint of our future home. After your approval, I will have it constructed soonest and we will live there after you gave birth to our first baby. Will that be okay?" He said excitedly while caressing her back.

"Okay!" She immediately agreed and gave him a peck on his lips before she closed her eyes to sleep.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved