Page 259

Princess Lizbeth's burial was done grandly. Most people felt sorry for Prince Anders and thought that the latter was truly grieving and devastated that his wife and unborn child were gone. Prince Andrew could not blame the other people for thinking that way because his brother has been a great pretender so he easily earned the sympathy of everyone, except him who knows the whole truth.

The Emperor convinced his second son to extend his leave and have a vacation outside the capital. Prince Anders accepted his father's suggestion to extend his leave but he politely decline to leave the capital. He said that he just need some time to grieve inside his mansion. He stayed in his mansion but contrary to what most people think, he is not grieving but actually resting and relaxing now! After his wife is gone, the mansion becomes a home and place of fun!

After the court meeting, Prince Andrew and Zander went straight to Prince Anders' Mansion. They had different reasons for doing so. For Prince Andrew, his brother's mansion offers a new place of relaxation while Zander wants to visit and comfort his grieving friend but soon he realized that he was so wrong! Inside Prince Anders' courtyard, he saw that the two princes started drinking but he noticed that it was not because of grief but more like a celebration!

"Minister King, what are you waiting for?!! Join us!!!" Prince Anders grinned at his shocked friend.

"B-But... aren't you supposed to be grieving?" Zander could not help but ask. He immediately regrets it and shut his mouth after he realized that his question might be pushing the wrong button!

Prince Anders laughed out loud and said, "Oh, come on! You, aside from my Imperial Brother, should know whether I would be happy or sad."

Next, Prince Andrew placed his arm around Zander's shoulder. It seems like a close friend gesture but soon, Zander felt that the friendly gesture is slowly turning into stronger and more painful pressure on his shoulder while Prince Andrew is saying, "Now that you know my Imperial Brother is not grieving... Are you planning to tell anyone?"

Zander winced in pain as the squeeze is getting stronger and stronger. He could swear that his shoulder would crack any moment from the pressure so he immediately replied, "Your Highnesses, I get it!"

"Good!" Prince Andrew said then immediately relaxed his hold and curved his lips. He dragged Zander to the table where his brother is already drinking to his heart's content. "Minister King, you should loosen up and celebrate with us." He motioned to a small jar of liquor and said, "You must drink all the content of that jar, or else, forget about going home!"

Zander hesitated for a moment but he knows that Prince Andrew mean every word he said so he sipped the liquor inside the jar! He immediately realized that he was tricked! One sip and his body became so hot and his head begins to spin! The liquor was very concentrated and too strong! He tried to complain but the two brothers laughed at him and showed him that they were drinking the same type of alcohol. Next, they chugged five jars of the same liquor like it was nothing!

"Any complains, Minister King?" Prince Andrew smugly asked him after he and his brother instantly finished five jars of it.

Zander could only silently and slowly drink the extremely bitter liquor. He used every ounce of his pride and dignity to prevent himself from tearing up due to its bitterness! Luckily, after he finished drinking all the content of that jar, the two princes let him go home!

He is very drunk when he arrived home but what makes him more nauseous is when Beatrix asked him about Prince Anders' situation! He wants to complain and understand why she cares so much about the prince but his head is already aching and spinning so badly! His body feels so weak! He could no longer focus and stay awake so he directly answer her query. He wants to sleep as soon as possible!

"Wife, Prince Anders did not love the late princess so what do you think? Of course, he easily moved on! He is even ce..." Zander told her honestly in a slurred voice. He was not able to finish his statement due to severe alcohol intoxication.

Beatrix was stunned and wants to know more but her husband is already sleeping peacefully. She felt sad and guilty when she realized that Prince Anders did not get a happy marriage and probably a happy life because of her. It was her fault for arranging that kind of life for him! She could no longer take back his wasted years. She is just praying now that he would find his true love soon.

Forgive me, Anders! I hope you will be able to meet and marry the woman you will love soon...

She sighed helplessly. She will never interfere in his life matters in the future. Now that he is free, she hoped that he would find true happiness this time. She smiled and begins to undress her unconscious husband so she could wipe his body with a wet towel and then change his clothes into nightwear.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved