Page 288

Prince Anders is gritting his teeth and clenching his hands after he discovered the truth from Prime Minister Aaron. A brilliant idea flashed in his mind so his scary expression suddenly returned to a gentle one while the gears inside his head are turning smoothly at incredible speed! Soon, a beautiful smile is slowly forming on his handsome face as he looked at the unmoving prime minister staring blankly and waiting for his command.

"Prime Minister Aaron, you must help me enter your granddaughter's heart! You must help me become her husband!" He said and then smiled enthusiastically as he put his arm around the old minister's shoulder like they are close friends and of the same age.

"Yes, Master!" Prime Minister Aaron replied obediently.

Prince Anders chuckled softly before he declared excitedly, "Prime Minister Aaron, I will call you grandfather and you must call me grandson when no other people are around. After all, I am going to marry your granddaughter and become the father of all her children in the future!"

"As you wish, Grandson!" The old man responded excitedly like a dog happily wagging his tail to his master...

Early morning, Beatrix and Zander waived goodbye to General Ardor and Lady Andrea. After losing a bet to his wife, General Ardor must pay up by filing a four-month vacation to tour his wife outside the capital. He honestly told the emperor about losing the bet and his wife's demand. The emperor laughed and immediately agreed but they could only leave after his birthday banquet, to which the general also agreed.

Now, General Ardor is staring intently at his wife's radiant face... She is watching the beautiful scenery from their carriage. She is smiling excitedly while actively pointing to anything that catches her interest and showing him that object. He could see how happy she is that her demand was finally granted! He could not help but smile while seeing the amazement in her lovely eyes and the alluring parting of her lips whenever she could find something interesting. After several years of marriage, his love for this woman never wavers even a bit! It grows as time passes by... He loves everything about her even her temper and willfulness!

The general is in the middle of this particular thought when suddenly he heard a commotion outside! He initially thought this was just some regular trouble on the road because they were still not so far from the capital of Sky Empire or even to his heavily guarded mansion! Under normal circumstances, no one in their right mind would dare mess with him, especially near the place of his command... But, he still had a bad feeling about the commotion so he decided to secretly check to assess the situation carefully because his instinct is usually correct!

He observed the fierce battle outside... He immediately noticed that his elite guards are heavily outnumbered! At first, he did not get so worried because his men are properly trained for fierce combat. Ordinary groups of bandits or soldiers are nothing compared to them but from his observation, the enemies are not just a simple group of fighters! They are very strong, strategic, and disciplined warriors! He suddenly realized that they are in a critical situation! His men might be killed if he would not help them! The situation would become more dangerous if that happens... Whoever planned this ambush is thoroughly prepared and not an ordinary person!

Lady Andrea is very frightened but the general embraced her and told her to stay calm. He said he will take care of the problem himself. He sighed as he get out of the carriage and used the signal tone only known to his men. Half of them immediately withdraw from the fight and guard the carriage. They surround the carriage to make sure that they have visibility from every direction while the general joined in fighting the mysterious group of men. Next, five of them left to ask for reinforcement...

It was not an easy fight for the general and half of his elite men but they manage to kill their opponents in the end. He smiled triumphantly until he heard the most frightening scream in his entire life! It was his beloved wife's scream! Fear struck his heart so he hurriedly looked in the direction of the carriage... He saw Prince Andrew together with another group of black-clad men! He presumed that they are the people who silently killed the men guarding his wife! Now, they are holding his unconscious wife hostage and the five dead bodies of soldiers who left to ask for reinforcement! The general could immediately tell that they are a force to be reckoned with especially their master who is looking at him coldly and indifferently.

"Your Highness, what is the meaning of this?!" General Ardor asked calmly yet firmly.

"I am inviting you for a simple talk. I have a lot of things I want to ask you about my beloved Beatrix." Prince Andrew replied seriously and honestly.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved