Page 227

"You are not only ungrateful! You are also stupid! You might not have the obligation to pay it but you have to do it! That is what you call responsibility! You will return to the capital this instant! Do not wait for me and your Imperial Mother's demise before you return!!!" The emperor said with finality and enter the carriage where General Ardor is waiting for him.

"What do you think? Is my acting ability still good like in the past?" Emperor Claudius grinned at General Ardor when the carriage are already traveling and the two princes could not hear them anymore.

"As always, Your Majesty!" The General immediately agreed and grinned back.

"The theater script that you gave me is truly interesting! I did not know that you are also talented in literature..." Emperor Claudius teased General Ardor. His exchange of words with his two imperial sons is mainly based on the theater script provided by General Ardor but he did some adlib when he see it fit for the current situation. For a former theater actor like him, memorizing and delivering what is in the script is easy peasy!

"You praised me wrongly! The key is His Majesty's and Her Majesty's brilliant participation for this to work successfully." The general replied with humility.

"I hope that you are right! I hope that through this method those two stubborn sons will finally honor the betrothal and settle down." Emperor sincerely wish because those two princes gave him a serious headache. "If this method is successful, I will give you an additional reward aside from my promised reward for locating those two bags of headaches!"

"I thank His Majesty's generosity!" General Ardor immediately replied and smiled sincerely. The truth is... this was already expected according to his daughter's calculation...

The two princes were forced to go back to the Sky Imperial Palace. The Emperor and the two princes went to the study room to have a serious talk.

"Andrew... Anders... I know that you are both uncomfortable with the situation but this has been the case from the beginning. Most of the imperial family members did not have the option to choose. Our existence is mainly for the benefit of the imperial family and the empire. Ordinary people said that our lives are perfect... Little did they know that in most cases the price of honor, wealth, and power is our freedom, happiness, and dreams!" The Emperor told them seriously, staring somewhere very far away. He became very silent for a long time when he remembered his abandoned dream in the past... A dream that he could not pursue because of his status and background. The script is triggering some of his sad and painful memories so this time he made another adlib to control his emotion...

"Your Imperial Mother told me that you are still longing for the girl whom you could only meet in your sleep... Dreams are fantastic but they are unreal! As noble princes of Sky Empire, you must face reality and do your duties and obligations in real life!" Emperor Claudius told his two sons seriously, he speaks from the bottom of his heart. In the past, he had to abandon his dream for the imperial family and the empire...That was already a long time ago but still, he could not entirely forget! The Emperor sighed helplessly, he reined in his past disappointment and go back to the original script...

"It is hard but this family needs you! Sky Empire needs you! I will give you time to consider everything but after this, I am expecting you to do what is right and that is to sacrifice for the greater good!" Emperor Claudius left them to think thoroughly and consider what he said. He does not know if this will work or not but at least he tried doing things according to General Ardor's advice, or more specifically, according to General Ardor's script... After all, he was once the best theater actor!

After they are left alone, the two princes look at each other solemnly. It is the right thing to do for their family and Sky Empire but their whole being is truly and entirely against the idea of marrying another woman! They are very conflicted so they visited their Imperial Mother... Their hearts were immediately gripped with intense sadness and guilt when they saw their ailing Imperial Mother on her bed...

"The two of you are finally back! You do not know how happy I am to see you!" The pale and weak Empress tried to reach for her two sons but coughed violently several times next.

"Imperial Mother..." The two princes immediately approached their weak and ailing mother.

"Andrew... Anders, please promise me that you will never do this to us next time... Your Imperial Father and I are very worried!" She told them weakly and even sobbed harshly.

"Imperial Mother... We are very sorry..." The two princes sadly chorused when they saw the effect of their absence on their loving mother.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved