Page 298

Zander entered his carriage to go to Prince Andrew's mansion. His mind is very chaotic as his heart is aching so much! Bitter tears silently fell down his cheeks while the carriage is moving towards his enemy's territory. Now that he is alone in the carriage, his raging anger and bitter emotions did not vanish but his logical side returns as he thought about how he is going to kill someone who has excellent fighting prowess and is protected by several guards with outstanding martial arts skills inside his territory... 

Soon, he realized that his desire to confront and kill Prince Andrew inside his heavily guarded mansion is close to impossible... No, it is truly impossible! He must have a death wish if he continues it without careful planning and preparation! It will have very serious consequences whether he succeeds or fails... He will not only doom himself but also implicate his beloved wife as well as the entire Lamoreaux and Marvel Household! He will surely die a miserable death and several innocent people might also lose their lives because of him... And that is the last thing he wants! 

He finally recognized that it is a very bad move after he carefully weighed everything in his mind. Nothing good will come out of it if he continues now. If he wants justice and vengeance, he needs to plan it very well so he would not doom himself as well as the people he loves!

Who knows... It is also possible that Prince Andrew wants me to commit a grave mistake and die as a punishment so he could have my wife once I am dead... I would never let him succeed!!!

He could still feel the pain and anger but he is now level-headed. He was about to order the coachman to return to the general's mansion when the horse suddenly issued a frightened neigh and the carriage abruptly lose its balance before it stopped! The sudden and unexpected movement made him involuntarily lurch forward and his face almost slammed into the wall of the carriage if not for his quick movement to stop it.

"What is happening?!!" He quickly and loudly asked his guards outside.

"Minister, we are being surrounded by numerous bandits! Take cover!" The head of his guards immediately replied and then he heard the piercing sounds of clashing swords in several directions at the same time!

He peeked so he could personally see what is happening outside. His eyes widen and he felt fear when he saw the sheer difference in number between the two forces! They were truly surrounded and his guards are heavily outnumbered! The battle continues and he was relieved that his guards are easily eliminating the opponents. He could almost see their victory and could almost ascertain their survival as he witnessed that the group of bandits are starting to retreat to safety... 

Suddenly, a mysterious masked man, wearing all black arrived and joined the fight! The mysterious man easily destroyed the hard-won advantage made by his guards... Several droplets of sweat trickled all over his body and he began to shiver in distress when the masked man single-handedly struck his guards dead one by one! 

The bandits roared in happiness as they thought that a reliable backup suddenly arrived at their rescue. They eagerly and bravely charged forward once more to join the fight with all of their might and help the masked man turn the table against the minister's guards!

The head of the guards realized that their situation is worse than expected! He immediately whistled and two guards withdrew from the fight to help their young master to escape before it is too late!

The masked man immediately noticed that the young minister is escaping together with the head of the guards and two more guards so he made his speed faster and his killing intent fiercer! In his mind, Zander King must never escape! The great obstacle must be eliminated on that day at all costs! The remaining guards bravely fought the mysterious masked man and the remaining bandits until their last breath...

Zander and the three guards ran with all of their might, deeper into the heart of the forest to get a better chance to escape but they were stunned when the mysterious masked man was able to catch up with them almost instantly! The head of the guards urged their young master to run and save himself while the three of them stay and fight the scariest opponent to stall time!

At the start of the fight, the three guards instantly knew that their combined effort is still no match for the masked man but they are not scared! They are willing to sacrifice their lives to achieve their common goal! The moment they swore their loyalty to their general, they were already prepared to die long ago!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved