Page 336

"Even though you immediately opened the portal and let me beat you up, this does not change anything between us! I am still going to Imperial Father! By hook or by crook, I am going to get her back!!!" Prince Anders told his brother.

Emperor Andrew frowned in confusion when he heard his brother's words. For a moment he thinks his brother is not making any sense until another possibility hits him so he asked to confirm his idea, "Imperial Brother, how long do you think you stayed in that place?"

Prince Anders turned his head and looked at his brother strangely before he replied honestly, "Did my beatings hit your head too much? You immediately opened the portal after closing it. I did not stay in that place too long."

This time, Emperor Andrew ignored the excruciating pain all over his body caused by severe beatings as he laughed and laughed maniacally... He realized another repercussion of using the space and time manipulation skill without mastery. This ability screwed him again! He and his men experienced numerous deadly misfortunes inside the inhospitable foreign world and six months were already gone when they came back! He paid the price dearly after that and suffered for several years while his imperial brother does not have a clue and managed to avoid and skip all of it in what? In just a blink of an eye?

So unfair...

He laughed and laughed until the laugh turned to involuntary tremble and restrained sobbing... He does not want to appear weak and helpless in front of his imperial brother but he could no longer contain the physical stress, psychological torture, and emotional suffering that build up for almost six years!

Prince Anders was flabbergasted when he witnessed his brother's tender emotion for the first time. He was used to seeing his brother's emotionless expression and indifferent behavior but to suddenly see his brother's vulnerable side means something is very wrong! His heart began to quicken its pace and he suddenly had a very bad feeling so he expertly chanted a spell to regain his full strength in no time. Master Alpha advised him to use this spell sparingly because it has a serious drawback for mortals but he had a feeling that he badly needed the strength now. He stood up when he felt his full strength returned and looked at his brother's pitiful yet also ridiculous appearance.

"Imperial Brother, you look so ugly! Stop acting like a girl and heal yourself immediately! Tell me what's wrong!" He talked to his brother coldly but secretly, he is very worried inside.

Emperor Andrew ignored him for a moment as he continued to release his hidden emotions. When he was done, he healed all his injuries and fractures. He returned to normal and used a large handkerchief to wipe off the ample amount of blood on his face and other parts of his body while his brother is staring at him silently. Only the large dried traces of blood in their clothes remained silent proof of the bloody and grotesque event that happened earlier.

"Ready now?" Prince Anders asked him after he was done.

Emperor Andrew looked at his brother's curious gaze. He returned to his usual emotionless expression and indifferent aura now. He began to summarize and explain to his brother all the events that occurred during the time he was imprisoned inside the space and time limbo. When he was done, his brother looked at him strangely...

"So you were saying I am imprisoned for almost six years... " Prince Anders asked to clarify everything.

"Yes." Emperor Andrew directly and honestly replied.

"Beatrix got pregnant and you let her be alone in that condition..." Prince Anders mocked his brother's negligence.

"I want to make sure she would survive the childbirth... It was never my intention to leave her side that long..." Emperor Andrew sorrowfully explained his side.

"Because of our absence, Sky Empire was invaded and the capital was destroyed..." Prince Anders pointed out his brother's carelessness.

"Sky Empire did not fall... It was saved right on time." Emperor Andrew focused on the fact that he did his best to mitigate the situation.

"Imperial Father and Imperial Mother  were probably very sad and worried they passed away so early..." 

"They died due to terminal illness..."

"Beatrix was kidnapped and threatened by your two crazy wives..."

"Correction. One crazy ex-wife! Princess Madeline was declared your legal wife, remember?"

Prince Anders frowned when he heard it so he nastily replied, "Beatrix is my rightful legal wife! She married me, remember?" He is itching to remind his brother about the past and slammed the truth to his face, "You dared to snatch her yet you failed to cherish her!"

This time, Emperor Andrew became very silent. He has been blaming himself all the time...

After a deafening silence between them, Prince Anders sighed helplessly and declared gently this time, "Imperial Brother, just take me to her..." He decided to stop their argument in the meantime to see his dearest once again.

That night, the two brothers visited their parents' tomb and then stayed in the same room to guard her body. They keep her true condition a secret from other people. They seriously talked about the situation and came up with an agreement... They will go to the land of the dead to get her back!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved