Page 263

Princess Dinah was secretly horrified when she heard Prince Andrew's statement but she maintained her composure. She is not going to confess! Period!

"Your Highness, I am innocent! I would never dare put an aphrodisiac on your soup! I am not capable of doing that!" She lied.

"Oh! Really? As I remember, I did not say that it is an aphrodisiac..." Prince Andrew smirked and motioned to his men to bring someone closer.

Two black-clad men dragged a male servant. They made the servant kneel in front of the prince and princess.

"Your Highness, who is that man?" She is secretly frightened inside but did her best to act naturally. The male servant is the person she bribed to put the aphrodisiac on her husband's sobering soup. She is not going to allow a lowly servant to pull her down so she tried to make it appear that she is not familiar with the servant.

Prince Andrew ignored her words and looked at the shivering male servant, who seemed like someone who lost all of his pride and courage!

"Your Highness, please have mercy! I will confess everything! It is the princess who forced me to put an unknown medicine in your soup! She offered me a huge reward in exchange! I beg you, Your Highness! I just need the money for my old parents and sick younger sister!" The male servant confessed with tears and snot all over his face.

"Liar! Your Highness, please, do not listen to him! I do not know him! He is a liar! This princess would never dare!" She insisted and even shed tears.

"The princess is denying everything and you do not have proof... What will I do? I guess I will just have to kill you together with your family." Prince Andrew looked at the male servant coldly and seriously as if challenging him to spill all the beans or else, he will pay for everything by himself!

"I have proof! I have proof! Your Highness, I know I deserved death but my family is innocent! Please spare them! Please have mercy! I am telling the truth!" The male servant screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Where is the proof?" Prince Andrew immediately asked next.

"Your Highness, you must punish this liar immediately! He is just wasting your precious time!" She said and even made an unconscious tug at his clothing to convince him.

Her action annoys him even more! He does not like someone touching him without his permission, especially if he does not like the person! Now, he needs to get rid of his favorite clothing because she dirtied it!

"It is me who will determine whether someone is wasting my time or not!" He coldly said to the princess and then focus again on the servant, "Where is this proof?"

"I secretly buried it under the giant tree in the garden." The male servant replied.

"Your Highness, please do not listen to his nonsense... He is just trying to delay the inevitable..." She immediately reasoned and even made herself look pitiful.

Prince Andrew ignored her again and motioned for his men to retrieve the item. Soon, one of the high-skilled men brought a huge pouch and give it to their master. He checked the content and extract something from it which made the princess tremble in fear! Originally, she does not want to give the beautiful necklace to the servant but he asked for that necklace together with the money. She thought that her scheme has a very high probability of success so one beautiful necklace is nothing compared to all the benefits later!

"If you do not have any interaction with this man, why does he have so much money in his possession, and even worse, your necklace?" Prince Andrew looked at her dangerously.

"He stole it from me! I have been searching for it! Your Highness, that man is a liar and thief!" She lied even more.

"I asked for that necklace from the princess together with the huge amount of money in exchange for the dangerous deed!" The man explained. He knows that he may not live much longer but he does not want the same fate for his family.

"That is a big lie! Your Highness, please..." She looks pitiful but her tears only annoyed him even more.

"Dinah Khalajan, do you think I am stupid?" Prince Andrew said with no emotion and returned the necklace to the pouch and give it to one of his men for safekeeping. He smiled without happiness as he declared to the princess, "I will give you two options. It is either you clean up your mess by consuming the bowl of sobering soup or you would like your stupid scheme to be known by everyone! You should know that drugging and harming a member of the imperial family is a very serious crime punishable by extreme torture and extermination of the entire family up to the ninth generation!"

He could not help but smirk. He is familiar with the drug added to his sobering soup. It is a very effective aphrodisiac with a very dangerous risk once consumed by anyone. The victim must have sexual intercourse at least fifty times before the break of dawn or else, he or she will die a gruesome death. The aphrodisiac is extremely rare and is called the King of Sin!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved