Page 240

Beatrix did not have a hard time looking for an opportunity to convince Zander to let her help with his job again because he would always visit her courtyard whenever he is free. She noticed his lame excuses every time he would visit her but she allowed him to think that she is clueless and granted his requests to stay beside her since it is aligned with her objectives and goals!

Like any other day, Zander happily placed his working tools on a table inside the gazebo located in her courtyard. He chose the seat beside her and started doing his job. She is so focused on reading a book while he concentrated on drafting the schematic diagram for the grand construction of the capital's water supply system and drainage.

At noon, the married couple enthusiastically ate their lunch together while discussing some random topics. In the afternoon, they resume what they are doing... He smiled proudly after he finished the draft of his schematic plan. He could not help feeling very happy, silently hoping that the Emperor will be impressed by his work and choose his plan among the others but his happiness was immediately put out when she get a glimpse of his work...

"Not good enough! Do some improvements here! Here! Here! Here! Those parts of your plan are too expensive!" She bluntly points out the different parts of his plan that needs revision. "And scrap these parts here! Here! Here! Here! Here! And... Here! Yeah, these parts are simply impractical!" She directly told him the truth and stated the details of the reason next. After she finished criticizing his work, he seriously stared at her... She expected that he will be thoroughly humiliated and explode very soon but he surprised her when he directly plopped to the ground!

"Husband... Are you okay?" She was horrified when he sprawled on the ground, face down, and did not move like a lifeless object!

Did I hurt his self-esteem too much?

"Yes!" He replied but he remained unmoving.

"Then, what are you doing?" She found it weird that he seems to be hugging and kissing the ground!

"I am doing a full prostration! This is how I show my full respect and admiration for my wife's abilities!" He loudly declared although his voice seems muffled because he remained face down.

Beatrix laughed heartily when she heard his declaration. She immediately helped her husband to stand up! When they are both standing, she gently looked at his handsome features covered now with some dirt! Her hand gently removed the dirt on his face using her handkerchief... She could not help the soft and suppressed laughter from escaping her mouth. He remained serious as he stared at her so she mustered her will to look serious too while she is fixing his appearance. She does not want him to think that she is bullying him. After she fixed his appearance back to its dignified state, she cupped his face and look at him in the eye...

"Husband, you do not have to do that... I know that you mean what you said but never do that again, okay?" She smiled sincerely as her hand caresses his handsome face.

He silently nodded to her, never breaking the stare and the connection between them. Soon, her thumb traced his soft lips making his heart tremble even more!

"Husband... I know that I promised to let you do your job by yourself but I am very worried about you... Please allow me to help you again..." She would like to ask for his permission sincerely but she did not notice that she said it sexily.

"If I agree, do I have to report all the court issues to you every day?" He asked her seriously.

"Yes, but I will not take total control of your job. You can still do the simple and ordinary tasks by yourself but I will assist you with the big, difficult, and dangerous tasks... I believe we must do it together!" She wants to make it clear that she would not control his life.

"Do I always have to let you check my work plans, diagrams, blueprints, and proposals before I present them?" He grew more serious as he probed deeper.

"Yes, so I could provide you advice, suggestion, assistance, and solution to every concern." She assured him that she is just there to help him.

"Does this also mean that I have now access to come to your courtyard and see you every time? The guards and servants would not stop me anymore to get your approval first?" He is very interested to know all the benefits that he could get from this arrangement.

"After your court meetings and whenever you are free, you could come." She confirmed.

"Then, we will be together most of the time?" He asked smoothly while looking at her magnetic green eyes and listening to her seductive voice...

"You do not like it?" She raised her eyebrow this time, a clear indication that she is beginning to get irritated by his numerous questions.

"Are you kidding me?! Of course, I like it! When do we start?!" He asked her enthusiastically.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved