The Collector: Part 1

"Marinette?! You're Ladybug?!"

"(y/n)?! You're (s/n)?!"

The two girls stared at each other in shock as Tikki and Flaake fly up to each other and hug before turning to the guardian. " We know you never wanted us to bring them here again but this is important," Tikki tells him as I look around mumbling "I've been here and have met you before." "What but how?" Mari asks and I say "When Tikki was sick, this guy was the man who healed her. So I'm guessing you're not really a spiritual trainer?" I ask him and he shakes his head with a smile.

"No. I am Master Fu. It is good to see you both." "I still don't get it, who exactly are you," Marinette asks and Master Fu walks over to his gramophone, and presses his thumbs into the dragons' eyes, causing a flap to open with a few buttons and after pressing a few it opens to reveal an old looking Chinese box and Tikki explains.

"Master Fu is the last known guardian." "He is the Guardian of the miraculous," Another voice says, and out flies a turtle-looking Kwamii. "I am Wayzz, Master Fu's kwamii. It's an honor and pleasure to meet both of you, Marinette, (y/n)." "Nice to meet you too," I respond with a smile before turning to Master Fu. "What is it that you do? Last I was told the kwamiis get to choose their holder." "That is true for most cases. Guardians of the miraculous are for protecting and in some cases distributing the miraculous for the good of all humanity. They are chosen during childhood and trained for many years, especially for this mission. When I was much much younger I made a mistake and the guardian's temple was destroyed all because of me. As a result two of the miraculous were lost that day: the butterfly and the peacock, along with the ancient spellbook which was lost in the chaos."

Master Fu lightly explains and Marinette pulls Adrien's book out of her bag and hands it to him stating "But all this book has is drawings of old superheroes and a bunch of strange symbols." "Not strange to a guardian. Back in the day, I was never given the opportunity to even have a look at it but I've been taught enough to decipher the codes. These pages contain various spells capable of giving you two and Chat Noir special abilities you never knew about until now, that's why this book is invaluable."

We sit down with Master Fu while he flips through the contents answering any questions we asked. I explained to him and Marinette that I was a descendant of the peacock miraculous that was in search of the family heirloom and was hoping Ladybug would have some answers but since that wasn't the case hopefully the book or Master Fu would know something. Unfortunately, he had no clue of the whereabouts of the peacock miraculous but I did learn how it was lost, there was a certain ritual that had to be done to pass the miraculous onto another member of the family, and when the temple was destroyed that ritual was happening and was never finished and never found again.

We also asked questions about how the miraculous worked. Originally based on the holder's intentions a kwamii will decide to bestow their power upon the person and when that happens the holder and the kwamii create a contract in a sense for the kwamii to lend their powers to help the holder to achieve their goal and the kwamii cannot break the contract until the goal is achieved otherwise only the holder or another person can break the contract by renouncing the kwamii or forcibly taking away the miraculous. These contracts are made by in a sense activating the miraculous, the contract is made once the kwamii appears.

In normal circumstances, the kwamiis choose their owners when the world needs help but in certain scenarios such as a miraculous only needing to be used once, the guardian or really anyone in possession of the miracle box can choose who gets a miraculous. This is done by taking the miraculous object and letting the other person activate the miraculous since the only place kwamiis aren't bound into their object is in the miracle box or when they already have a holder which is how we guess Hawkmoth got the butterfly miraculous, Nooroo had no owner and since was lost, was trapped in his object only to be set free when Hawkmoth made a contract with him and was now stuck unless we retrieved Hawkmoth's miraculous.

Marinette still promised to help me find the peacock miraculous and we surmised it was probably in Hawkmoth's possession where Master Fu told us if he does have the peacock miraculous there were two reasons why he has yet to use it: it's his backup plan if he loses the butterfly miraculous or in a rare chance the peacock miraculous was broken and if that's the case he knows there are physical consequences to the holder for using a broken miraculous.

"So whoever owned this spellbook could be Hawkmoth?!" Marinette asks and our jaws drop, a certain boy coming to mind. "How did you discover this book?" Marinette gives me a nervous glance and I give her an apologetic one, we had to tell him. I open my mouth to speak but Mari soon cuts me off exclaiming "I found it lying on a bench in the park close to the school."

I give her a glare that reads what are you doing? "You didn't see who had it then?" Master Fu tries again, and I open my mouth only to be cut off again. "No, unfortunately, I didn't." "What a shame. For a moment I thought we were about to discover the identity of Hawkmoth, we would've had a chance to defeat him." "We can investigate if you want," I offer and he nods. "You must be very careful (y/n), Marinette. If you succeed you may find yourself face to face with Hawkmoth." "We'll be very careful, we promise," Marinette says as we start packing up, we head to head back to school for afternoon lessons.

"Why did you lie to Master Fu?!" I asked angrily after we left. "I'm sorry but I couldn't tell him who owned the book. Adrien can't be Hawkmoth. But what if he is? That would mean I'm crazy in love with a supervillain! I can't be in love with a supervillain! I'd-I'd have to fight him and-" She starts to rant, Tikki soon cutting her off. "Calm down Marinette I'm sure there's an explanation I mean we don't have proof the book belongs to him." I nod stating "That's why we need to get to the bottom of this so let's go find Adrien." "He should be in his fencing lesson right now," Mari says and we head to class.