Oblivio: Part 2

"No handle, no fire escape, and the glass is tinted. Nobody can see us," Marinette says when Adrien tries one of the phones. "Phone lines are down too. If only we could remember our passwords," I look down at my phone again, noticing the fingerprints left on the screen, and try swiping like how I saw on the screen and I smile as I get in. I point out to the two how to do it and they get in their phones as well. "Who should we call?" "I'm almost out of battery." "Me too." "Me three, let's call our parents first," Adrien tries to call his dad, no answer. I try to call my mom, no answer either. Marinette tries to call her's and she picks up.  Marinette's face drops a little as she looks at a poster of three heroes that were wearing the costumes we had on earlier with the names, Ladybug, (s/n), and Chat Noir on it. "Chat Noir, (s/n), and Ladybug? Sure, Mom, everything's ok I'm with my friends safe, don't worry," She lies and Adrien and I give her a confused look, mouthing questions about what she was doing. "Why didn't you ask her for help?"

I ask a bit annoyedly and she gives us a nervous smile. "I have good news and bad news. The good news is there are superheroes in the tower that'll stop the supervillain. The bad news is we're the superheroes and whatever is chasing us is the supervillain and we're supposed to be defeating them with superhero powers we no longer have," She dumps on us and we both wince, yeah this isn't the best situation to be in. Unsure of what to do now the three of us sit down, trying to think of what to do when Marinette comments, "If my own mother doesn't know I'm a superhero then nobody must know." "Do you think we know?" We turn to our phones and I see plenty of pictures of me with the both of them constantly in hero form and not having a good time so I guess? Marinette shows her gallery full of photos of Adrien and his of Ladybug.

"I feel like Adrien and I are more than just friends." "Do you mean we were...?" "Looks like it," I comment, and the two blush at each other and start talking about how they couldn't keep their identities secret from the ones they loved. I wonder if I did that with my own boyfriend? If the cute blue-haired boy I'm kissing the cheek of in this photo is what I think it is. "So if we're the superheroes what are they?" Mari suddenly asks, gesturing toward the floating creatures that were looking out the window.

"No clue." "Maybe they're part of how we get our powers," I suggest and I'm asked how causing me to shrug. When the cat one flies away and I ask, "Did he go to get help?" "Don't hold your breaths," The bear one mutters when we hear the elevator and quickly hide behind some desks. "Ladybug, Chat Noir, (s/n), we know you're in here. You won't get away this time. Don't you remember your BFF Oblivio? Don't tell us you've forgotten us," Oblivio laughs before searching the room, throwing whatever was in their way. "I'm not really convinced this monster is our best friend," Adrien whispers and I nod. "One thing's for sure. If we're superheroes they can't find out about our secret identities," Mari says and I point out, "Then we need a diversion so we can take the emergency stairs," Mari looks around before grabbing a few things, including Adrien's phone, adding tape to it as she explained her plan. "I'll call you and when they come we make a run for it and we'll use the tape to pull your phone back. Ready?"

"No wonder I fell in love with you," We sneak around the desks and call Adrien, soon pulling the phone away so the only thing Oblivio would find would be the donkey drawing I left behind for them. We rush into the stairway and we silently move up while the creatures leave behind a trail to trick Oblivio into thinking we went down. "You're trying to fool Oblivio again but it's not gonna work this time," They start moving up when we hear a door open and close a flight down. "Or perhaps we give you too much credit," Oblivio takes off and we thank the creatures for helping. "Let's head back to where we were, it's the last place they'll think to look," Adrien says and we head back into the office area.

"Sorry, your phone's outta juice." "That's ok, I think we're doing pretty well without powers." "It's true, you two make a very effective couple and a very effective friend group." "Yeah well if we want a real shot of defeating this villain we need to become our hero counterparts again," I say, soon pulling up today's news footage. "Maybe the news can tell us what's going on," What we're shown is a bunch of people not doing their jobs properly because of Oblivio's amnesia powers along with the three of us fight Oblivio, Marinette, and Adrien- I mean Ladybug and Chat Noir arguing about something.

"We don't exactly look lovey-dovey in this footage." "Probably just a lover's quarrel like all couples have," We watch as we're taken down and Ladybug draws something on the wall before being taken down as well. "The drawing! There was a drawing on the elevator wall it was a turtle, I saw it earlier while looking for my mom's number," Marinette exclaims excitedly as she calls the number. "Marinette is there a problem?" "Listen I can't remember who I am or who you are. Oblivio has erased my memory and I think I'm supposed to call you." "You did the right thing, is Chat Noir and (s/n) with you?" "If you mean Adrien and (y/n), yes." "So you know your true identities then, it can't be helped." "We need you to tell us how to turn back into our hero selves and you'll have to hurry, I'm almost out of battery," Turtle man explains the basics to us that the creatures were Kwamiis called Plagg, Tikki, and Flaake and how to transform and learn more before her phone died. "Oh no..." I mutter as I point outside to see a huge purple orb. "They're gonna erase everyone's memory!" I exclaim worriedly. "Then it's time to bring the heroes back, Tikki Spots On!" "Flaake Freeze!"