Luka Chapter Twenty-Seven

I was practicing a song for my class when I notice my sister staring unsure of herself in the mirror. Before lunch, Marinette had asked her friends to consider modeling her latest designs. Jul wanted to do it but she didn't feel confident in her looks. "Don't you want to be a model anymore?" I ask and she shrugs. "Yeah. But no one's ever gonna pick me." "Have you tried talking to Marinette about modeling for her?"

"I don't wanna bother her with that." "You wouldn't be, she asked for a model and you would just be taking the opportunity. You're really pretty Jul. I'm sure Marinette would love to have you as her model," I say, getting up and clipping her bang back with a clip, showing her pretty face. "You gotta follow your dreams in life, don't let them pass you by. You were made for this, go for it," I kiss the top of her head before telling her, "I'll be waiting for you and the girls outside to hear the good news."

Just like I promised I waited outside for Juleka and her friends to come out, when they did I walk up to (y/n), grab her hand and ask "So did Juleka ask to be the model?" "Yep, you have to come and see her. She's gonna be amazing!" I'm told with a smile as we head to Marinette's room and I watch with a proud smile as Juleka is pampered for the role. 

"Luka, could you shine the light a bit more on Juleka's shoulders, please? I want her to stand out," Adrien asks, and I nod doing just that, Adrien thanks me before turning to Marinette when (y/n) walks over and whispers "Does Juleka look more than a little nervous to you?" My gaze shifts to my sister who was looking down and twiddling her fingers, she was nervous but I had to give her the benefit of the doubt this was her first photoshoot. "Well, this is her first photo shoot as a model." "I know and I'm so happy for her that she's taking the plunge to do it but I'm worried her anxiety might make her quit."

I frown at her words and look at Juleka again who was now nervously looking at me so I give her an encouraging smile before whispering, "As long as we encourage her and support her I know she can do this." It wasn't long though before Juleka's anxiety got the better of her and she was muttering about how she didn't think this was a good idea and Alya wasn't helping as she tried to rush Juleka's decision on what to do because of Adrien's limited time to help.

Would you prefer if someone else did it? I can do it if need be, they are my designs," Marinette offers before (y/n) was yelling out a no and how Juleka could do this. "(y/n)'s right Jul, you've got this, you were made for it," She still gives us an unsure look. "Here I'll go get you some juice to help you calm down."

That sounds like a good idea, let's get some juice for everyone and take a quick five-minute break to relax?" (y/n) suggests and Juleka nods so (y/n) and I head down to get some juice for everyone. "Thanks for standing up for my sister. As nice as it is for Marinette to make sure Juleka is comfortable, offering to replace her like that was unfair." "Yeah, Marinette's heart is in the right place but she doesn't realize how harmful her words can be sometimes like the bring your parent to school day and she accidentally accused everyone of stealing Chloé's bracelet," (y/n) and I talk while we prepare the drinks.

"I wonder if someone who'd be willing to model with her would take some of the pressure off? Maybe it could be you," I say, leaning in close to (y/n) with a smirk and I'm playfully shoved away as she accuses me of wanting to see her in that outfit. "I won't deny that I've thought about it and how cute you'd look wearing it," I say, hoping to get a reaction out of her, and to my delight, she starts blushing before sending that enchanting smirk of hers.

"What about you? The outfit Juleka's wearing is gender-neutral, you could wear it too and I think you'd look really adorable in it, especially with the beret," I lean closer to her, my breath hitting her skin as I whisper "Is that so? I guess I can't miss out on the opportunity to make you happy then mon amour," After the words left my lips, I connect mine to hers though unfortunately we were interrupted by the girls coming down and dragged the both of us out of the house and into a car that took us to the Eiffel Tower.

"Where's my sister?" I ask when I notice she wasn't here with us. I was told she had changed her mind about modeling so they decided to have Marinette and Adrien do it instead and I crossed my arms as we were told that she had decided to stay behind as well. "Let me get this straight, Juleka started feeling anxious about modeling, and instead of building up her confidence, and supporting her, and giving her time, you crush your confidence by replacing her so you could be close to Adrien and then proceeded to leave her behind all alone? How nice," (y/n) points out and again we're told, "No, that's not it at all, she said she didn't wanna do it."

"I wanna hear that from her, I'm gonna go get her," I say and I book it back to the bakery. I barely made it around the corner when I felt the ground shake. Confused I look up and my eyes widen in fear, a giant doll that looked like Reflekta appeared. "Juleka no..." I mutter before realizing she must be looking for us, quickly I turn around to run back when a beam is shot, hitting me and a few others. 

Looking down I see had been turned into a Reflekta look alike, whatever what matters was that (y/n) and her friends were out of harm's way. I start running again, tripping up again because of the heels but still manage to get there shouting "Run!" It was too late however and the Reflekdoll had turned the corner shooting its beam as everyone scattered in a panic.

Grabbing (y/n)'s hand I run into the museum and tell her to hide. "I will but what about everyone else? Juleka will be targeting Marinette and Rose specifically." "I've already been hit so I'll go out and see if I can find anyone else," I run back outside to find Rose pleading Rose to stop and how about how she should've stayed with her. "Juleka's no more. I'm Reflekta. Everyone always forgets about Juleka anyway," She shoots at Rose just as I ran up and pulled her out of the way, I gesture for her to run while I kept Reflekta busy as I shouted up at her, "That's not true Juleka! What about me and mom huh? We love you. Or what about (y/n)? She was telling the girls off for leaving you behind!" "Which is why she let this happen in the first place!"

Her attention turns to Marinette and I frown, I wouldn't be able to get to her in time so I turn around and find as many people as I can and get them hidden inside the museum and hide myself when I see no one but the heroes who seemed to be more than a little off today, did Ladybug and Chat Noir really switch miraculouses?

No matter the heroes still got the job done and it wasn't long before we saw the miraculous ladybugs fixing everything and me and the other girls group up while we waited for Marinette, Adrien, and (y/n) to re-appear and when they do surprisingly Marinette apologized. "Juleka, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize I wasn't helping when I offered to model instead. I should've encouraged you and given you all the time you needed because this shoot was important to you. I want you to be my model, that is if you're still willing to," She smiles as she pulls back her bang. "Yeah totally," Adrien starts to approach when his bodyguard stops him. "Now who's gonna model with Juleka?" Rose asks and I step up. "I can but it would be nice to have Adrien for pointers." 

After a quick plea to Adrien's bodyguard to let him stay we get on with the shoot and take a couple of fun photos, (y/n) even gave a photo to Julka with some encouraging words earning her the brightest smile that I managed to catch on camera before pulling my two favorite girls in for a hug.

Author: May not be a chapter tomorrow will try to get it done earlier but I'm getting my hair re-dyed tomorrow which takes 5 hours and then I have a basketball game to watch lolol. Hopefully, I'll get it done tonight so I can just publish it tomorrow when I wake up.