Glaciator: Part 2

"Bonsoir André,"  Mylène greets as she and Ivan approach the cart. "Strapping young Ivan and dear sweet Mylène if you aren't still the cutest lovebirds I've seen. Chocolate, praline, and white nougat for you! A special concoction to keep your love true," He hands the ice cream over and addresses Nino and Alya next. "Ah these two I've never seen is this your first time here with me?" They nod and he starts making their ice cream. "Coconut, banana, and a touch of passion fruit," Luka and I step up next. "Luka and (y/n) good to see you again, I see you still aren't together yet. Fear not I have the perfect scoops for you cinnamon bun ice cream, chocolate cookie core with cherry vanilla to help your love bloom soon."

We're handed the ice cream cone and move off to the side to let the next person in line get their ice cream. I take the first bite and hum in delight. "Mmmm delicious," I hum out, soon licking my lips causing Luka to chuckle as he digs into the ice cream as well. I look back at the rest of my friends to see Alya and  Mylène giving me a thumbs up as if encouraging me to ask Luka out, the reminder causes my heart to start beating faster. Grabbing one more bite of ice cream I turn to Luka.

"Hey, Luka there's something I wanted to ask you..." "What's up?" He asks with that sweet smile of his. "We've been spending a lot of time together and I can't ignore how I feel anymore s-so...I was w-wondering if you'd..." I trail off and give him an anxious look, he continues to wait patiently giving me a reassuring look. I can't help but look away as I ask quickly "Like to go out with me?" Luka lightly grabs my chin to direct my face to face him. He opens his mouth to say something when we hear a whistle and look to the side to see...Is that...Adrien? It wasn't just some guy wearing the same clothes as Adrien. Someone runs past to get to the guy, bumping into Marinette, causing her to drop her ice cream. "André's ice cream has always melted hearts but the magic will only work if you eat it. I'll make you another one," André gasps, quickly making another cone.

"Thank you but it's really not necessary," Mari says glumly. "Yes, it is my dear. See here? My ice cream has brought everyone together. Every famous loving couple in Paris! Edith and Marcel, John and Serge, even Sabine and Tom. Your loved one is out there somewhere! All you need is to believe in the magic of André's ice cream!" He offers the peach and mint ice cream to Marinette who shakes her head.

"You're very nice André but I don't have a loved one." "Who has green eyes? Do you think we know him?" Ivan asks Mylène who bites her bottom lip. "Lay off Ivan there's no one ok? I don't think there's anything magical about your ice cream it's just ice cream," With that, she starts to walk off and Alya motions for all of us to go after Marinette. In the end, we couldn't get Marinette out of her surly mood so we all just went home for the evening, and thanks to the distraction Luka hadn't given me an answer to my confession. 

"What a disaster! I ruined the whole night for all of my friends and I was mean to André...I'm so lame," Marinette muffles into her pillow. "You're not lame, you just overreacted a little. Just let it go, tomorrow's a new day," Tikki tries to cheer her up when Flaake flies over stating "Overreacted a little? She acted like a pouty five-year-old and because of it, (y/n) never got an answer from Luka and now look at her she's so nervous!" Flaake gestures toward me as I paced the room anxiously looking at my phone for a call or text from Luka.

Mari looks at me with a frown and apologizes before turning toward her corkboard filled with photos of our friends but more specifically Adrien. "I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have done that, it's just it finally hit me that I'll never get to eat ice cream with Adrien," She proceeds to climb out onto the roof while I continued to pace. Flaake flies up to my face. "Alright that's enough, Luka will give his answer as soon as he can and you have nothing to worry about I don't have a doubt in my mind that he'll say yes to you." "I know but like what if he changes his mind?" "If he was gonna change his mind about you he would've done it long ago, back when you were denying your feelings," She tells me with a smirk but before I could retort back I hear a thump on the roof.

"Did you hear that?" I asked, climbing up Mari's bed and peeking out the hatch to see Chat Noir! That's when I remember he had a date planned for Ladybug and she stood him up. Seemed like he was upset about it. "I don't feel like being alone tonight do you mind if I hung out here with you for a little while?" Chat asks Mari and to my surprise, she agrees. Then again she isn't Ladybug right now and doesn't need to keep him at a distance.

"Marinette right? We've bumped into each other before." "Yeah, a bunch of- I mean yeah that one time when the Evilustraitor was in love with me. Talk about bad luck," Only that part otherwise Nathaniel was a sweet guy and he really liked Marinette but felt so guilty about being akumatized for it he stopped pursuing her. "Seriously. I seem to be having some bad luck in the love department myself." "Really? What kind?" "Tonight I had this special surprise for Ladybug but she never showed," Marinette blinks in shock. "You're in love with Ladybug?! For real?" Yes! He's made it pretty clear, you're telling me you weren't taking him seriously? I think while giving Mari a look of disbelief.

Chat only nods and Marinette leans on the railing close to Chat. "So what was this special surprise?" "Doesn't matter cuz like I said she never showed." "Sounds like you and I both need a bit of cheering up tonight." "You've gotten your heart broken too?" "Yep," He gives her a smile, rolls onto the roof, and offers her his hand. "Come with me," They take off probably to see that special surprise and I chuckle. "She's so being teased about this when she gets back." "Oh big time," Flaake nods in agreement when I turn to my phone and sigh. "Still nothing from him," I climb down and grab my music notebook and climb back onto the roof to work up there. 

A few minutes later the ground starts to shake. What the? I run to the railing and look up to see a giant walking, singing ice cream man who sounded a lot like André? I crouch down when he starts making it rain ice cream and I watch as whoever was touched by it turns to ice cream while he sang. "I'm Glaciator the mean ice cream man~ Escape my fury if you can~ I melted your heart but I was wrong now I'll freeze your bodies so long~" Chat hops down on the roof with Marinette in his arms. I hold back my remark. "Both of you get inside I'm gonna lead him away from you," He instructs and we head down when Mari grabs his tail. "Chat Noir? Thanks for cheering me up." "It was the least I could do," He takes off.