Backwarder: Part 1

"Girls we have a very serious situation! Adrien and his dad have been invited to the royal wedding in England this weekend," Marinette says a bit of panic in her voice to the girls and me. "That's the emergency you called us over here for on a Saturday morning?" Alya grumpily as she yawns and I nod cuddling into my pillow stating, "I told her not to."

"You don't get it, Kagami and her mother are too! Which means Adrien and Kagami will be spending an entire weekend together!" "And?" Alix asks, rubbing her eyes to stay awake, it was pretty early, it had barely hit eight-thirty. "It's a weekend another girl has a chance to even speak with Adrien and as we all know only Marinette is allowed to speak with him. The horror," I sarcastically droll out. "But what if Adrien is blown away by her awesome dress and hairstyle? Or what if they start dancing together at the reception or tour the city on a romantic buggy ride? It'll be the end of the world! They're taking the Star train to London at eleven am that's in less than a couple of hours. We need to act fast!"

She goes off rambling while the rest of us give her tired looks. "We could organize a demonstration and make the trains go on strike," Mylène suggests and Alya shakes her head. "Nah, they'd just take a helicopter or private jet." "I know! We'll dress you up as British megastar Adeline so you can slip into Buckingham Palace. You'll lure Adrien away from Kagami at the reception and waltz with him in the grand ballroom then-"

"Then when Adrien finds out you're not who he thought you were he'll be totally disappointed because he hates lying and he'll fall head over heels in love with Kagami given that she never lies and you'll get locked away in the Tower of London," Marinette winces and Juleka speaks up. "We could always just let Kagami have Adrien," I smile at Juleka, glad that someone else finally understood Marinette was not entitled to a relationship with Adrien. Sadly though the rest of the girls didn't see it that way as they instantly shot the idea down.

I sigh having had enough of this and say "if you're so worried about Adrien and Kagami becoming a couple over this weekend then you just need to spill your guts to Adrien once and for all and ask him out because you can't stop them from going on this trip or stop them from falling in love with each other if that's the way their relationship is headed," Marinette gives a nervous smile. "Couldn't we try Juleka's idea instead," I nod but the other girls shake their heads, causing Marinette to go on another ramble.

"But I just can't do that, when I try to confess to Adrien or do anything romantic with him I can't help but stumble all over my words. I've been trying forever and-" She cuts herself off with a gasp and we all give her a questioning look. "And you're right! It's about time things changed, I'll find the courage somehow. Thanks, girls," She starts shoving everyone but me out of her room. 

"You sure you'll be ok?" "Yeah sure, I'll let you know what happens, bye!" She shuts the door and I cross my arms. "What was that about?" my answer comes from Wayzz as he flies in calling for us. "Wayzz? What's going on?" "Marinette, (y/n), you must come with me. Master Fu needs you!" He flies away and we exchange looks.

"Do you think it's serious?" Mari asks and I shrug while Tikki told us, "Master Fu wouldn't have sent Wayzz if it wasn't." "You mean like the time he lost his keys and locked himself out of his house?" I ask with a smirk and Flaake chuckles. "It's about time he learned how to write and send texts."

"That's it! I'll write Adrien a letter and give it to him on the train platform before he leaves. At least that way I won't mess up anything I tell him," Mari says excitedly, grabbing a pen and paper before we head to the subway. She starts writing on the train, voicing her incredibly sappy words. So sappy in fact that the kids sitting close enough to hear started teasing her about it, making her face go red in embarrassment. 

"Maybe this isn't such a good idea after all," She mumbles, shoving the letter in her purse while hiding behind me as we get off at our stop. When we reach Master Fu's we find him laying in his futon, a doctor by his side. "Marinette! (y/n)!" He calls out to us in an overexaggerated I'm in pain way. "Doctor is Ma- grandpa ok?" Mari asks and the doctor nods. "Of course he is. You know how men are. One little hiccup and they think they're dying." "My time has come!" He overexaggerates again while the both of us sigh in relief.