Style Queen: Part 1

"Tonight the Grand Palais hosts the most eagerly awaited event this year. The sensational fashion show of the famous designer Gabriel Agreste! As with any major event we have prestigious guests such as the Mayor of Paris, André Bourgeois, his wife, and the great and highly respected fashion queen," Nadja reports on the news while Marinette made her final adjustments to her feather-themed derby hat. "Seriously Marinette, it's perfect the way it is," Tikki tells Marinette who frowns, shaking her head. 

"I dunno Tikki, I feel like it's the ugliest hat in the world, and Adrien is supposed to model it in front of everyone. Everyone will laugh and he's gonna hate me for the rest of my life because I have zero talent which everyone will find out tonight." "If your hat was really that ugly why would Gabriel Agreste himself handpick your hat to be shown?"

 Flaake asks, crossing her arms. "But what if people see it's a synthetic feather instead of a real one? They'll think it's lame." "I doubt anyone would notice it's a fake and even if they do it still looks good. Besides you're doing a good thing by replacing it with a fake. With Adrien's allergies to pigeons, he'd be sneezing down the catwalk. Plus you don't have time to make changes," I point out, pulling her up to her feet when we finally notice the time.

"Oh no, we're gonna be late!" Quickly shoving the hat in its carrier box we rush toward the fashion show, arriving just in time for Mrs. Bourgeois to arrive. "Here she is folks! The international queen of fashion, director of 'Style Queen' magazine, Audrey Bourgeois!" We watch the Bourgeois family exit the car and just wow. Audrey Bourgeois was something else, a sleeveless pantsuit, the left side black, the right white, white gloves that reached her forearms, a golden ring with a golden necklace, golden boots, sunglasses, and a giant ringed black and gold sun hat with a golden rose on it.

Currently, she was telling André to fire the driver. "Oh no, it's  Audrey Bourgeois!" Mari starts freaking out and I cock an eyebrow at her. Really the only fashion designer I knew was Gabriel Agreste because he was Mari's favorite designer and Adrien's dad. "Only the harshest fashion critic in the entire world! I didn't know she was coming!" She continues to freak out before gesturing towards Audrey who was making a fuss about the red carpet being made of fabric instead of marble and firing a security guard for it.

"She's gonna hate my hat for sure," Mari starts backing up when I grab her to prevent her from leaving while Tikki tried to reassure her. I lead her to the entrance where we can hear Audrey being interviewed by Nadja. "Audrey, like the slogan of your magazine says: 'If it's in style, it's in Style Queen'. So what's in good taste this year?" "Judging by your outfit, you obviously don't know my dear. For your information the trend this year is glitter," This causes Marinette to start panicking yet again. "Glitter? There's no glitter on my hat! This is a fashion disaster!"

"As the editor of 'Style Queen', you spend a lot of time in New York. It must be nice to spend time with your family for a chance here in Paris." "She's very happy to see me. By the way Mom, I have a little something for you," Chloé answers for her mom before offering a small gift in pink wrapping paper with a blue ribbon. "Clara- Uh...Chloé, what is this?" "Um, it's a gift." "That wrapping paper is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. You're fired," She waves Chloé off and I exchange a look of disbelief with Flaake. That was heartless, poor Chloé looked so embarrassed. But now after seeing her mom I saw that Chloé looked up to her mom and wanted to be like her in some form based on their similar mannerisms.

I turn my attention back to Mari to take her inside to see her running away with her hat. "Mari! Where are you going?!" I call out, running up and grabbing her shoulder to make her stop. "You heard Audrey Bourgeois right? I can't let Adrien model this hat, it's got no glitter which means zero trend potential!" "It doesn't need glitter-" I start to say when we hear Natalie call out to Marinette. "Dressing rooms are this way, hurry up you're late," With that, I drag her inside and of course she trips over herself, dropping her hat which rolls up to Audrey Bourgeois's feet.

"What is this?" She asks, picking up the hat and looking it over. "Mom this is Marinette Dupain-Cheng the loser and her loser friend (y/n) (l/n) and this is a hat she made because she thinks she's a designer. She even signed it, look," Chloé explains, showing Mari's signature on the hat when Mari starts denying ownership of the hat. "Marinette we have to go," Natalie calls again and Mari snatches the hat and we head toward the dressing room before Audrey could say anything.