Weredad: Part 2

.

.

.

Chat Noir heads home and de-transforms with a stretch, Plagg soon gushing about how Adrien had finally found the perfect girlfriend. "You've finally found yourself a girlfriend and not just any girlfriend! The daughter of the best baker in Paris!" "Marinette in love with Chat Noir...I didn't think he was her type." "Before you know it, we'll be enjoying some warm and crispy bread to go with every piece of cheese. Our life is about to change!"

Plagg squeals happily as he gets into his cheese stash and Adrien shakes his head. "Plagg stop, you know I'm in love with Kagami." "So? You haven't asked Kagami out yet, riggghhhtt? I don't see what's wrong with having two pots simmering on the stove." "I just can't do that Plagg, Marinette is a friend, I can't lead her on like that. I'll go over for brunch but only to let her know I'm in love with someone else," Adrien admits before sighing in exasperation at his kwamii who was begging to at least wait until the cheese platter was served.

.

.

.

Surprisingly Luka had agreed to come to brunch. If anything he was curious himself to see how things would go and if his presence somehow helped the situation he was all the more for it. Tom was currently setting the table while Marinette and I stood on the balcony looking for our dates.

"He's not coming," Mari says matter-of-factly when Flaake gives her a look. "But what if he does? What are you gonna say?" "I'm sure he's not coming. He's in love with Ladybug. No way he's gonna come and have brunch with us just for macaroons." "Were you not listening to him last night? He told you he had moved on from you and that there was another girl, his lotus blossom which happens to be a Chinese flower," I point out and Tikki nods. "He has been rejected so many times now and (s/n) has been urging him to move on. It's possible he has."

Marinette shakes her head before sticking a finger in my face. "Ok first of all the lotus blossom is a water plant found in Asia so it's both a Chinese and Japanese flower," I push her finger out of my face and she turns to Tikki. "Secondly Chat Noir change his mind? No way, nobody is as stubborn and one-track-minded as him."

"You never know~" I tease her with a sing-song voice. She rolls her eyes at me before looking out again and stating, "I see Luka coming but no sign of Chat, told you he wouldn't come," She turns around to head inside when out of the corner of my eye I see a familiar cat soaring through the sky on his staff. "Oh, Marinette~ You've underestimated the boy's love for macaroons," I tease once again with a smirk, pointing with my thumb as he came closer and closer.

"What?! He's such a glutton! What if that dummy has actually fallen in love with me for what? Seconds?! Is that all his love for Ladybug is worth?! Just one declaration of love and that's it? He changes his mind?" Mari angrily rants and Tikki points out that since she and Ladybug are the same, he didn't really change his mind. I also flick her on the forehead and tell her, "Don't get ahead of yourself I've been working with him for months about moving on from you and he has come a very long way and he has known Marinette Dupain-Cheng longer than seconds."

Though I did understand why it was so hard for her to believe that he had moved on, he had been crushing on her for the longest time, and the first time he tried to move on he relapsed into flirting with her but quickly got past and now he only jokingly flirts with her from time to time.

"I have to tell him I'm not in love with him. But if I do that he'll be confused about why I told him I loved him in the first place! Which was to prevent him from learning that I'm Ladybug but if he knows I lied he'll know I did all that so he wouldn't come to the conclusion that I'm Ladybug and he'll figure out I'm Ladybug!" She rants again and I mutter, "Well that was a mouth full."