Luka Chapter Twenty-Nine

"We're looking for new talent with stunning musical abilities and visual skills with a brand new style that everyone will die for. You'll have two weeks to send in your videos!" (y/n) exclaims and I nod pointing out how it would be good for Marinette's designs as well. "Yeah! If we all pitch in two weeks is more than enough time to make an awesome video. Everyone in?" We agreed and get to work right away and in two weeks we had awesome costume designs, cool dance moves, and an awesome song to collab with (y/n) and soon submit the music video and wait. During one of our practices a week later after I commented about how sincere the song was I notice (y/n)'s downcast look as she checks her email for the billionth time. "Hey (y/n), still no news about the contest?" I ask, sitting next to her and she shakes her head, stating "No, do you think they didn't like our song?" "They had to have received a ton of videos, they probably haven't made their pick yet," I reassure her when Ivan catches our attention and points to a screen of the bad music artist XY.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, that jerkwad had stolen our look, style, and song. (y/n) pulls up the live stream to prove it was true, he had stolen our song. "But that's our original style." "That's Marinette's unicorn and masks." "Not to mention our lyrics, melody, and music. It should be us on tv and there better be a good explanation. Let's go, we gotta have it out with Bob Ross and XY," One quick trip to the studio later and we weren't even allowed inside. "They're not here right now." "Seriously? They're right there on live screen," Marinette points out, pointing at the giant screen showing XY above us.

"You're not allowed in, you have no invitation and the show already started." "But it's our show." "Not our problem miss," I look between (y/n) and Marinette who were already thinking of ideas on how to get in, and I share a smirk with them. After distracting the guards with a fake akuma attack, the three of us sneak onto the studio set to find Alec questioning XY about his new record and XY claiming he came up with it all in like five minutes, making me scoff at him.  "In five minutes? He couldn't even sing it the way it's supposed to be sung." "His remix is terrible, truly an insult to all songwriters." "And his mask isn't even a good rip-off," (y/n) then marches up to Mr. Roth, introducing herself and telling him she sent him the Kitty Section video.

"Video? What video? I don't know what you're talking about kid," Marinette shoves her phone in his face stating, "Maybe this will help jog your memory. See? The costumes, the dance moves, the masks, and the music, it's all the same," Bob crosses his arms as he dryly chuckles at us as his son walked up. "There's no comparison, you're some amateur garage band and my son is a solo artist. You play instruments, he uses digital music. Our unicorn is much cooler and your mask is nothing like yours." "That's not true! You copied Marinette's costumes!" I yell while (y/n) showed our notes for writing the song, pointing out it was the exact same, word for word, beat for beat, and how they stole everything else. "Let's not exaggerate now we may have just been a little bit inspired, that's all," XY says with shrugs and I aggressively rip the mask off of him while correcting him. "Inspired?! You flat-out stole! You didn't design this mask, Marinette did. (y/n), Rose and I wrote that song!"

"We're not asking for much just let Kitty Section appear on the show and give them proper credit," (y/n) pleas and Bob rolls his eyes, going off on some tangent about how we'll want a record deal and then the profits. This wasn't true we just wanted the credit we deserved, this wasn't a career path, we just wanted to have fun making music. "Just forget it, it's no big deal," XY tries to shoo us off when (y/n) says "No! It's not fair! I'm not gonna stand here and let Luka's, mine, and my friends' work get stolen! If you won't tell the truth then I will right now, on the air, live!"

She marches up to the camera when Bob pulls her back before she got on screen and soon threatened her, making me growl and grip the mask harder as I watch him, steal her phone so she couldn't expose him. "Silencer, I am Hawkmoth. This man is the voice of evil and I'm going to give you the power to silence him for good. All I ask from you in return are Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous. Do we have an agreement Silencer?" I suddenly hear Hawkmoth's voice echo through my head. My gaze shifts to (y/n). If it meant that this jerk would pay for threatening mon amour like that then this was a deal I'd gladly take. I silently put on the rip-off mask. "I'll take your silence as a yes," A purple mist surrounds me and once it's gone I approach XY who was yelling at (y/n) and Marinette and I take his voice. XY tries to speak but no noise came out as I collected his voice.