Despair Bear: Part 4

Before I could freeze Ladybug in place Chloé runs up and grabs me by the skirt/ shoulders and tosses me onto a couch shouting "Paws off bear!" I end up freezing the couch instead. Ladybug thanks Chloé who looks around at everyone with a proud smile. "Hey, I was really nice just then. Did you all see?" Everyone facepalms at her and she crosses her arms, grumbling about how everyone was lame.

"LUCKY CHARM!" LB shouts and down comes a fork. "M'Lady could you maybe hurry it up? It's getting really hard to block and dodge (s/n) ice attacks and her attacks in general!" Chat Noir calls out while continuing to block and dodge any attacks I gave him. "Right! Follow me!" She orders and I chase the two to the roof. When I reach the roof they were nowhere to be seen when suddenly I hear Ladybug's yoyo come whizzing toward me and I use my kunai knives to disrupt the yoyo's path when she comes charging in and kicks me, Chat Noir comes to help and I continue to fight the two, throwing my knives at them which stopped Chloé in her tracks, she had followed us onto the roof.

I continue to fight when LB grabs a string from Despair Bear and ties it to her fork, soon tossing it to an umbrella and asking Chloé for some help. "Chloé would you be so kind," We continue to dodge and exchange blows while Chloé starts turning the umbrella, the teddy bear soon turning into nothing but a head with a really long string attached to it, forcing Despair Bear to let me go. I come to just in time to stop swinging a knife towards Chat. "Chat? Are you ok?" I instantly ask, lowering my weapon.

"Yeah, now that you're not trying to turn me into a cat-sicle," He jokes and I roll my eyes before my attention turns to Chloé as LB thanked her for the help. "Give me your miraculous, you haven't defeated me yet!" We suddenly hear and look around before I spot a tiny man, hitting Chat Noir's boot and I point down at him.

"Watch your step Chat Noir," He picks up the little guy who continued to struggle while Ladybug de-akumatizes him. When the miraculous ladybugs finish fixing everything, Ladybug hands over the teddy bear to Chloé. "Thanks again for helping us, that was really nice of you," That proud smile returns to Chloé's face as she responds. "I know, wasn't it?" The butler approaches Chloé. "Mademoiselle I must confess I don't remember anything." "Well basically you turned evil and I saved you. In fact without me, Ladybug, Chat Noir, and (s/n) would never have succeeded. I'm even better than you superheroes, I don't even need a costume," Chloé gloats and we shake our heads, it was a start to her acting nice I guess.

That's when my gloves flash and Ladybug's earrings beep. "Whoops, time to go," I comment before taking off and de-transform. I head back into the party room and reassure Luka that I was fine, just trapped bathroom the whole time, he proceeded to tell me what happened and I feel anger rise up in me again at the thought of Despair Bear controlling Luka. "You're so adorable when you're mad," He tells me and I feel my heart start to race, I swear Luka you are such a sweet talker!

A few minutes later and in comes Tom, holding a bunch of supplies, it turns out Chloé had called Tom over to finish the baking lesson so for the last bit of the party we baked and taste tested all of our macaroons. "Great job kids, you've done some really good work," Tom compliments us all as he takes a bite of a macaroon, though it wasn't long before Chloé started insulting everyone's macarons, earning her a bowl over her head. I put my macaroons on the table and Luka grabs one, soon giving me a smile. "They look good," I give him a smile back stating "Let's hope they taste good too," He takes a bite and hums in delight, soon leaning in close and whispering in my ear. "Best macaroons I've ever had," My face flares up and I stutter out a thank you.

Later that night I apologize to Marinette for letting myself get caught by Despair Bear. "It's ok, (y/n), everything worked out." "No, it's not, I can't let myself fall into the enemy's clutches. Especially now that I know you're Ladybug, there's more at stake, what if I ended up telling Hawkmoth who you were?!" Mari clutches my shoulder reassuringly. "That's not gonna happen, besides as far as Hawmoth knows we don't know each other's identity so we'll be fine." "I can't take that risk! I'm gonna have to better myself." "Are you sure you're ok? You've been a little off ever since you were akumatized." "Y-yeah, I'm fine, I'm gonna head to bed, night!" I hurry into my bed and make it look like I was asleep, I can't let her or Chat know I don't trust myself, I might lose my miraculous if they do!