Animaestro: Part 2

It wasn't long before my tray was empty and I head back to the hosting table to get another tray along with Luka and Marinette. "So far so good," Tom sighs in relief and I laugh before turning around to see Adrien had just entered the building. I was not the only one to notice. Marinette's face instantly reddens as her breath gets caught in her throat. "Uh oh, she's seen him," Sabine slightly snickers and I whisper to Luka, "This is where we have to remind her to do her job."

"Noted," He tells me as he watches her put a wrapped macaroon on the top of her tray and starts mumbling her rehearsed speech about how special Adrien is to her. That's when Adrien spots us and waves, Marinette's grip on the tray loosens as she smiles back at him, the tray starting to tip before I catch it and bring her back before instantly losing her as the Passion Fruit macaroon tumbles to the floor and she chases after it.

 I sigh and shake my head at her antics, now half the day would be spent trying to get her to do her job. Luka reaches down and grabs my hand giving it a light encouraging squeeze and I look at him to see a smile that I couldn't help but return as he tells me, "Don't worry too much about her, I'll help wrangle her in."

I look back out into the crowd to see Marinette now crawling on the floor looking for the lost macaroon. "I might need more of a pick-me-up," I mumble when Luka leans in and kisses me on the corner of my lips. "how's that?" "Amazing," He sends me another smile before heading out towards the guests and I watch him leave lovingly as I mutter, "I love you so much," I start serving guests again when I see Kagami and her mother enter the building, and just wow that was such a beautiful red and black kimono Kagami was wearing. I make my way over to say hello, waiting a minute for Adrien to give the Tsurugi family a proper greeting.

"I'm glad to see you again Kagami." "Me too Adrien," I hear as I approach. "Hey Adrien, Kagami, it's nice to see you, how have you been?" "(y/n) what a nice surprise, I've been good, what about you?" "I've been great and I have to say Kagami your kimono is so beautiful, I'm a little jealous I don't have something like that. You seriously look so beautiful, right Adrien?" I compliment her before smirking at the boy who's cheeks flare pink as he nods.

"Yeah, you're beatiful," Kagami's cheeks go pink with a small smile as she thanks us. So I was quick to notice her smile disappear as she glanced to the side. I glance over as well to see Marinette and Chloé standing sassily with their arms crossed and glared at her. I deadpan at them before telling Adrien and kagami, "Well I better get back to work, you two should go mingle around with everyone else and have fun," As if catching on Kagami links her arms with Adrien and they head further into the theater.

I look back to see Chloé and Marinette talking, most definitely not a good thing in this scenario, I start to make my way over to drag Marinette back to work when I hear a guy ask me "Hey what gives, aren't you supposed to be serving macaroons?" "Yes sir, you can have one just take it off the-" I cut myself off to see the tray was empty guess people really liked these macaroons. "Well? I want a macaroon," He crosses his arm. "I'll go get some more right away," I tell him, quickly making my way back to Tom and Sabine for a new tray.

After serving the guy his macaroons I notice Marinette go under the serving table. Setting my tray down I go under the table as well to see her grabbing a few things from a box and I ask with my arms crossed, "What exactly do you and Chloé think you're doing?" "We're just stopping Kagami from kidnapping Adrien and taking him off to Japan. He's too nice to see what she's really up to."

I blink in confusion and resist the urge to laugh at the utter ridiculousness of her statement. "Is that what Chloé told you? Girl seriously think, Kagami isn't gonna kidnap Adrien to Japan, she lives here in Paris no to mention do you really think Adrien would be willing to abandon everyone to go to a new country and have to make friends all over again. The answer is no and you know it and what do you mean he can't see what she's up too? You're one to talk, you don't even know her. Whatever it is you two are planning you can't do it."

"It's for the greater good," Mari argues getting up and I follow her, "No, you're only doing this because you feel you're the only one who gets to date Adrien or at this rate his only female friend. That isn't fair to Adrien," I call out but she continues when Luka grabs my hand. "There you are, Tom and Sabine we're looking for you. They were wondering why you disappeared," I glance toward where I saw Mari went but she was gone. "Sorry, had to use the bathroom quickly, I'll get right back to work," I say, stealing his tray from him and started walking around and serving while keeping an eye out for Chloé and Marinette.

Not five minutes into serving I find Marinette because she made a huge scene about tripping falling directly at Adrien and Kagami's feet, macaroons spilled everywhere. "Marinette are you ok?" Adrien asks as he helps get her up and I make my way over, I don't know what they're planning but I sure as heck won't let it happen.

"Here Adrien, I heard your favorite macaroon was Passion Fruit so I made one for you." "Oh wow, thanks Marinette," He takes the macaroon gratefully when Chloé runs up and drags Mari off. As much as I wanted to follow after them to see what was going on, I had to clean up Mari's mess, not to mention it would probably be harder for them to do whatever if I was here with them.

"Kagami is something wrong?" I hear Adrien ask and turn to see Kagami looking over her shoe, there was gum on it. "These shoes belonged to my grandmother," Picking up the last of the macaroons I tell her, "We'll help you clean it off. Adrien finds her a seat and I'll come back with a wipe," He nods and I throw away the ruined macaroons before grabbing a wipe, when I head over, Adrien was still trying to find a chair. I give Kagami a confused look and she explains how every chair Adrien had was covered in macaroon crumbs.

He finally comes over with an empty chair and he goes to help her sit down when I notice the string attached to the chair and quickly the chair is pulled out of the way and replaced with a chair with cake on it. "Wait don't-" I start to say when Kagami's other called for her, stopping her before she sat down.

We take her to her mother and explain the situation. After getting her seated, Adrien cleans off her shoe. "Now I see why Kagami speaks so much about you, your father has raised you to be a fine young man," Ms. Tsurugi compliments Adrien before turning to me. "Thank you Ms. for helping my daughter." "Of course Ms. Tsurugi. Please enjoy the premiere," I say with a smile and make my way out with a smile after seeing Kagami and Adrien blush at each other.

I notice Chloé and Marinette watching a few feet away and make my way over with an angry look but before I could yell at the two Chloé was already yelling at Mari about her giving Adrien a macaroon. "What was it with that macaroon anyway?" "It was a special Passion Fruit macaroon," Mari slightly stutters and Chloé gives her a shocked look.

 "But that's Adrien's favorite...No...Don't tell me that you have a crush on Adrien!" Chloé starts laughing hysterically at Marinette. "That is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. You're a nobody in his eyes and you'll always be a nobody." "Don't you have a crush on him?" "Yeah, but I actually have a chance with him, watch I'll prove it," She makes her way over to Adrien but before she could say anything we see one of the security guards fly across the room and turn to see Thomas ASTRUC as a 2D character plus a Ladybug mask? Great. Guess he wasn't getting enough compliments about his work to feed his ego.