Frightingale: Part 1

Author: Up top is your latest song.

Mari and I were following along with the dance video of Clara Nightengale's latest song. Clara Nightengale was a pop artist who just recently hit the charts. We had found one of her songs after I published my most recent song and soon after we became big fans along with the rest of the girls in our class. I hear a thud and turn to see Mari on the floor, she had just attempted to do the flip when Alec pops up on the screen. "And that was Clara Nightengale's hit single Big Bang for us!"

"That girl is incredible!" Tikkis says and Mari and I nod. "I love her, she's so passionate about her art," I exclaim, I couldn't help but show respect for someone who put so much time and dedication into her music. "Clara in just a few short months, you've become an international sensation with your ultra-unique singing and dancing style. It's rumored you even sing and dance in your sleep, do you ever stop?"

 "Never you see, dancing and singing are everything to me and I'm happy to share the joy of song and dance to the amazing people of France," Clara answers shimming and twirling around on stage. "Such a true artist!" Mari squeals. "You've come to Paris to film the video for your next song which is gonna be titled Miraculous," Alec stated and Marinette and I exchanged shocked looks. Did we hear that correctly?

"I really admire and adore Ladybug, (s/n), and Chat Noir. An homage to them I wanted to pay because they inspire me every single day!" Marinette and I let out an excited squeal. Clara Nightengale an international pop star has written a song about us! "Auditions will be held at the Grand Palais Hotel, and a little birdie told me that you already found your Chat Noir, care to share the good news?" Clara who was still dancing pretended to zip her lips as she spins and states "My lips are sealed but soon he'll be revealed. We must still cast Ladybug, (s/n), and extras by the way so come on out and audition today."

Not even a minute later, Marinette's phone rings, and she rushes over to answer. "Girls, did you hear that? All of us girls plus Luka are heading over to audition and you both are coming too. So don't go pulling one of your Marinette/ (y/n) specials on us ok?" "And miss our chance to meet Clara Nightengale in the flesh? No way, we'll meet you there," I respond while grabbing my bag/purse and handing Mari hers after she finished the call.

Flaake and Tikki fly in front of us their arms crossed with a stern look. Uh oh... "You two aren't gonna be auditioning for the hero roles are you?" Flaake asks bluntly and we give our kwamiis a reassuring smile as Marinette told them "Of course not, we just wanna have some fun as extras in the video, that's all. We'd never do anything that could reveal our secret identity." Tikki and Flaake exchange glances before nodding. 

"Alright, we trust you," We head to the hotel and say hi to the girls, Luka making his way to my side and giving me a kiss on the cheek, making me blush a light pink as we all got in line for the extras and started conversing. We get inside where music starts playing as Clara walks up on stage and thanks all of us for coming and introduces our Chat Noir: Adrien. 

We all start cheering for him and give a wave once we have his attention, he timidly waves back before heading to the stage, Alya soon smirking at Mari as she asked "Didn't I tell you that Adrien looks a little bit like Chat Noir?" Mari proceeds to scoff. "No way, he's a thousand times more amazing than Chat Noir!" I can't help but laugh, she was letting her judgment about the two not see it but physically yeah, Adrien did have a lot of similarities to Chat Noir such as looking like his physical fit, the blonde hair and although he was timid whenever he did come out of his shell he did remind me of Chat Noir. But Chat was extroverted and while Adrien has shown extroverted tendencies he was still pretty introverted from being homeschooled all those years. I shake my head I shouldn't be thinking about these things anyway, I can't assume Chat's identity and I'm not supposed to know so there was no reason to look into it unless I want him to give up his miraculous. "What you thinking about?" Luka suddenly asks me.

"Uh...Just wondering when uh...You became a Clara Nightengale fan, I didn't know you liked her music," I stutter out, feeling caught off guard, hopefully, this will get me out of the rabbit hole that is who is Chat Noir behind the mask. "Oh I love all music, Juleka listens to her more than I do, I still like to listen to Jagged a lot but she's not bad. Also being in a music video sounded fun," He then whispers in my ear. "This is also a good way to get my sister used to being in front of a camera since she wants to model when she's older." "Juleka wants to be a model? That's amazing, no wonder she works so hard to get out of her shell. Yeah, this is a great opportunity for her."

We talk some more and plan our next date while tryouts for Ladybug and (s/n) continued. Eventually, though the line for the hero tryouts was completely empty and Clara looked around unsure of what to do before going over and grabbing a plate of snacks. "You must be starving from all this waiting," She starts walking over to us and we all get excited. "Look she's coming toward us!"