Bakerix: Part 4

"Tomatoes in a bottle? I doubt our friend will take too kindly to this," Chat snickers while Ladybug looks around soon telling us, "That's what I'm counting on in fact I plan to give Bakerix the least traditional sandwich possible," She goes to collect what she needs while Chat Noir and I charge at Bakerix and hitting him with our weapons.

Hee punches us and we go flying through some doors, rolling to a stop as we get up. That's when LB calls out to us. "All this fighting has made me hungry, a sandwich sounds great with some super sour candy juice, and some super chemical chewing gum, packed between some white industrial bead," Catching on Chat and I pretend our mouths were watering from the 'tasty' sandwich she was making. "I'm not falling for your stupid little tricks!" "Oh, I almost forgot to add tomatoes in a bottle!" Bakerix watches in shock as she adds the last ingredient before licking her lips.

"Yum, now this sandwich is gonna taste like pizza!" This does the trick and sets Bakerix off as he began chasing Ladybug shouting, "That's not how traditional sandwiches are done!" Rushing outside LB instructs Chat to do his thing and he cataclysms the grate so when Bakerixx jumped onto it he fell through and was stuck floating in the air thanks to the giant fan.

"You're just blown away by the sandwich aren't you?" I tease, with my arms crossed as the three of us look down at him and he shouts yet again that's not how it's done. He pulls out his flask and tries to drink from it but thanks to the fan, the liquid flew up and I take this opportunity to hit the container out of his hand with my spear, breaking it in the process. The usual de-evilization and miraculous ladybugs happen and Rolland is back with us. "Pound it!"

Rolland looks around confused before panicking. "My bread! I left some bread baking in the oven and my granddaughter and her friend are there, it could catch fire and be dangerous!" I hand him back his yeast container and reassure him. "I'm sure they've got it under control." "Still I must get home," Chat offers to take him back home and Ladybug and I rush back and detransform. Checking on the bread we see it's done and just as Mari pulled it out, Rolland comes barging in calling for Marinette, Chat Noir at his heels. "Grandpa? Chat Noir? Is everything ok?" Mari asks, placing the bread down as they both walk up. "Yes, I was just scared that the bread might be overbaked." "Nope, both came out looking delicious."

I state matter-of-factly while gesturing toward the two loaves of bread. "It looks alright." "Told you I know how it's done." "Well if everything's alright I'll be on my way," Chat tries to leave but Rolland grabs him. "No, you will judge whose bread is better." "He probably needs to go, I can do the judging for you," I offer but he shakes his head. "No, you are Marinette's friend, I don't want to risk you saying her's is better as a favor." "(y/n)'s right though, I'm gonna transform back soon-"

He doesn't get to finish his sentence as Rolland drags him to the counter. "You're a real tough cookie even without your superpowers..." He mumbles and I chuckle. "I don't think you're getting out of this, just do it quickly," He looks between the two bread and tries a bit of both. "Both of these breads are delicious, do you have any jam by any chance?" "That's not how you taste bread!" Marinette and Rolland yell at him in unison and I snicker as I thought. Personally, I agree with Chat/ disagree with Chat. "Both are tasty for different reasons. This one's more traditional and this one has a delicate flavor that makes it special. It's too hard to choose and I'm sorry but I really must get going now, thanks for the tasty snack!"

He rushes out as his ring beeps while I taste the bread too. He was right both were delicious for their own reasons. Rolland tries Mari's bread and his eyes light up. "He's right this flavor is really good." "I did it the way dad does it." "How?" "I added rice to the dough while (y/n) asked about your bread recipe. You can never have just one bite," Mari explains while giving a piece to the mice while we munched more on the bread.

"So will you do that favor for me? Come home with us to celebrate dad's 40th birthday tonight and I know he'd be so happy to see his dad," Rolland hums in thought before walking to his photo and placing the wedding photo upright, stating "You're not a traditional granddaughter Marinette and you know what? I like it," He smiles and once he wraps some bread up with a bow we head home with him. The front door bell rings as we enter, catching Gina and Sabine's attention and they gasp. "Rolland?" Tom stops what he was doing and turns around shocked as we smile at him. "Happy birthday Dad." Tom closes up shop for the rest of the day and we all spend the day celebrating Tom's birthday while he caught up with his dad.

Author: Happy New Year everybody, here's hoping 2023 things start to turn around for everyone or continue going well. Hope you all enjoyed the last chapter of this year and I'll be here hoping Gloob stops ruining season 5 of Miraculous Ladybug. If you didn't after episode 9 they decided they would publish the episodes out of order for what I can only assume it's their way of having fun while messing with the fandom which makes it very difficult to plot for season 5. Sorry rambling, hope you all have a good new year!