The Dark Owl: Part 4

More boomerangs were thrown at us and we used our weapons to block them. "We still don't know where his akuma's hidden," Chat points out. "But we know it's not in any of his weapons," I chime in when LB tells us to cover her so Chat and I start exchanging blows with Dark Owl. "LUCKY CHARM! The first volume of The Adventures of Night Owl?" "Do you think you can defeat me by reading to me Ladybug?" Dark Owl laughs before focusing back on me and Chat Noir.

"Night Owl has a partner so must Dark Owl," Ladybug surmises while finally Chat and I restrain Dark Owl. "He's all yours M'lady." "Dark Owl's akumatized object is not on him. It's in his lair! Don't let him get away, I'm off to the school," She says before taking off. "See that? Reading comic books can actually save lives," Chat taunts Dark Owl who retaliates by throwing us off of him. "Albert! Owl wings!" Wings pop out of his suit and he takes off after LB. We chase after him, Chat lands on him first. "Cat versus bird who do you think wins this fight?" "Bird!" Chat is slammed into a sign and I hiss in pain at the sight and I land on Dark Owl. Ok, now what?

Dark Owl starts moving around and out of panic I summon my power and latch onto him with my ice, steering him in all kinds of directions. Didn't take long though before we reached the school and I had to jump off of him because time was running out. Detransforming I pull out a frozen snack for Flaake and tell her to eat quickly as I race up to Mr. Damocles's office and transform only to find he had pulled out one of Ladybug's earrings. A pink mist slowly removed her costume from her hand and her mask. I then notice the Night Owl figurine about to topple over.

"Oh no that figurine's about to fall," I fake worriment, catching Dark Owl's attention as we watch the figurine fall onto a book which sends another one flying, hitting a chair and causing it to fall back into a ladder which falls, hitting the desk lamp which turned and knocked the computer screen off the desk. Dark Owl makes a grab for it but it was too late, the computer screen broke and Ladybug does the usual de-evilization process.

By the time Mr. Damocles was returned to us, Chat Noir joins us. "Ladybug? (s/n)? Chat Noir? What are you doing in my office?" "Pound it!" The next day it turned out Mr. Damocles really turned around as he started changing the way he helped out and Paris seemed to approve as well. "Tending to gardens, handing out blankets to homeless, feeding strays...The Owl really spread his wings."

Ladybug comments as we watch The Owl pose for a picture with a few classmates. "He's a superhero in his own way." "And now we'll have a bit more spare time on our hands." "Feline going to the movies?" Chat as usual hits on Ladybug who giggles. "Sorry, but I promised a friend I'd hang out with her as soon as I could. See you later kitty cat, (n/n)," [(n/n)= nickname] LB takes off with a wave and I shake my head at Chat as he watches her take off with a lovesick sigh. 

After school, Mari and I quickly set up a sleepover at Alya's house. Currently, we were playing video games while Alya told us about how she helped our hero alter egos. "I'm not kidding girls, I was Cardboard Girl! I wish you could've seen it, it was AWESOME!" Mari takes this chance to win the match. "Triple dragon kick! Marinette wins!" "What? No way! I wasn't looking!" "Then maybe you should've focused on the game!" I laugh out. "That's cheating!" Once the three of us calmed down Alya turns to me with a wry smirk. "So (y/n) when you gonna ask Luka out?" My cheeks go pink, the girls had been bugging me for weeks about this asking if we were a couple yet or if I was gonna make my move soon.

"Soon. I'll ask him real soon."