Befana: Part 2

"That's ok, I'll ask my friend to make another one." "No, no, it's awesome! I can make this work. It's perfect Grandma, thank you." "Your Nona has also brought you your favorite candy," She passes a tin of candy to Mari, and based on Marinette's face, she no longer liked this candy. "You still love them right?" "Yes..." "That's not all my fairy, we'll have a wonderful day you and I, just like the last time. We'll go the merry-go-round and to the zoo," Gina starts to drag Marinette off before Tom stops her.

"Um, Mom? Can I have a word, Mom? Just the two of us?" "What Tom? That I don't know my Marinetta anymore because I'm always traveling?" "No! Mom, it's just that-" "She doesn't want to spend time with her Nona is that it?" "No! Of course, I wanna spend time with you. Besides, it's not 4 o'clock yet. Also can (y/n) come?"

Gina turns to me as if she just recognized I was here. "(y/n)? Tom! You had another child and didn't even bother to tell me?!" "No, no ma'am, I'm not their child. I'm an exchange student and they offered to be my foster family," I quickly explain and Gina calms down. "Then let's go Marinetta, (y/n), we're going to have a ball!" We head out and do stuff little kids would have fun doing like going to the merry-go-round and visiting the zoo, we were currently getting ice cream. "Marinette when was the last time your grandma visited?" "When I was six, that's why we're doing all this kid stuff, it's the only thing she knows I have or at least had fun doing," Mari pulled out her phone again it was now 4:06, Alya seemed to be running late. "It's 4 o'clock...Maybe you were right (y/n), it looks like I jumped to conclusions and there really is no surprise party."

"I told you," Finally! She's given up on it, now it'll be somewhat of a surprise. I pull out my phone and text Luka, he'd been helping everyone set up the party. I ask him what was going on.

Luka 4:06 PM

Having a little trouble setting up some of the decorations and there's still no word about the cake. I'll tell Alya we need to hurry it up.

I send a quick thank you and my attention turns to Marinette and Tikki. Tikki had asked why Marin was pretending to eat the candy. "I don't want to hurt her feelings, we don't see each other very often," Marinette's phone rang, it was Alya. "Hey, Alya. Yes, awesome. To the dentist, I'll be right there," She then turns to me. "We're gonna meet up with Alya at the park," I nod and we start to get up when we see Gina giving us a saddened look. Right! She doesn't know! "I'm so sorry Grandma, I have to go to the dentist with Alya."

"Surely you're not going to the dentist on your birthday? I still have to take you to see the trains at Gare de Lyon Station." "It's cuz Alya needs our help dealing with her sisters," Mari tries to explain when I approach Gina and start to whisper "No, of course not, I'm taking her to the park for her surprise-" She cuts me off. "I get it. Don't worry about me. Run along now and go meet your friend, I'll hold onto all this. We'll catch up with each other later," Mari hugs her and drags me off so I send a quick text to Tom and Sabine that I didn't have time to tell Gina about the party.

We reach the park and meet with Alya. We cover Mari's eyes and lead her to the party. We all shout happy birthday to her and get into the swing of it, starting with the gifts. While this was going on I turn to Luka. "Thanks for offering to help out, the party ended up being bigger than we expected." "Of course. This party was a great idea which reminds me...When is your birthday?" I tell him and we start chatting when Alya walks over and nudges me, pointing at Marinette. She was giving Adrien's gift a slack-jawed look. We roll our eyes at her as we whisper "Open it," Before she could we heard an Italian song and looked around confused. In the sky, we see a green lady in a leather suit with big red hair flying a broom? A fairy that looked a lot like Sabine floating next to her. Don't tell me that's Marinette's grandma!

"Grandma?!" "You lied to your grandma Marinetta." She accuses Marinette with a glare. "No! I didn't know they were throwing a surprise party for me!" Well...Technically you did know. "She's telling the truth ma'am," Alya intervenes but that doesn't stop Gina. "What about those candies you pretended to be eating?"

"I'm sorry Grandma, I didn't want to upset you." "I'm not your grandma anymore from now on I am only Befana and I'm going to punish you for all those lies," She pulls out a weird-looking gun and shoots at Marinette who quickly ducks, and the shot hits Mylène turning her to coal. "No..." I whisper, no one wanted to move around so suddenly just in case Befana decided to shoot at us. Marinette was the one to make the first move and took off, creating a chain reaction as we all took off and hid. Somehow I managed to hide alone and transform. When I get there Chat Noir was already intervening so I land next to him. "Hey, I never knew Grandma's could be so nasty." "You will look wonderful in white my pretty kitty. I also have a nice new shade for you my little bear," Befana tells us and takes a shot which we dodge.

"Eh, not convinced black makes my eyes stand out don't you think?" "And I like the shade of white I have on," I add in before we continue to dodge her shots which stained the surrounding area with golden spots. "Take care of those pesky animals!" We hear her order and the fairy starts chasing us. "I thought fairies were supposed to be nice!" Chat says as we're tackled into a tree.

"Not this one. I'll take care of her, you go help Marinette," I tell him as I shove the fairy off of him and hold her back. He takes off while I fight the fairy. Once given the opportunity I finally throw her into a tree and meet back up with Chat who had retrieved Marinette. I glance back at the park and feel my heart break as I see everyone except Rose had been turned to coal, Rose was now a fairy.