Mayura: Part 4

As we close we stop when we notice a shape hovering over his face, it looked like a female eye mask, someone was talking to him when we hear him beg whoever was talking to him not to do something before slumping to his knees. Out of nowhere a giant purple butterfly materialized and begins flapping its wings sending us all flying. It was so powerful that Ladybug even had to let go of her yoyo, giving Hawkmoth the chance he needed to escape.

Quickly making our way back we watch the monster disappear as soon as it had arrived and a white feather came out of Hawkmoth's cane. "A feather! The second miraculous that Master Fu lost..." LB trails off before I finish her sentence. "Was the peacock..." I clench my fists and grit my teeth somebody out there had my miraculous and they had just used it to help Hawkmoth escape!

To say I was beyond angry was an understatement. "Maybe we can use this to track him," Chat Noir suggests, picking up the cataclysmed cane. Not long after he said that it disappeared in a puff of black smoke. "There goes our chance of finding him," Rena mutters and Ladybug sighs. "He must've de-transformed. But one thing is clear, Hawkmoth is no longer working alone. He had help from the owner of the peacock miraculous," She glances at me as I glare angrily at the floor, she opens her mouth to say something when her earrings beep. 

"We've gotta split guys but first...MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!" We head our separate ways and get the miraculous back, Mari and I dropping them off at Master Fu's. Getting back to school Marinette tells everyone the truth that she had jumped the gun a bit in her excitement for the tasting and everyone jumped on the chance to help, offering to bring their own baked goods. I was at the park with her helping her set up when she clasped my shoulder.

"Hey, I want you to know we will get your miraculous back and when we do we'll make sure it's never used for evil ever again," I nod in agreement as I look toward the town with a determined look. "Yeah Hawmoth and whoever has my miraculous will pay for this." "Look on the bright side though, we did technically find it, we just have to retrieve it. Plus you seemed to have gained your confidence back. Did you finally learn to trust yourself again?"

"Have I?" I asked a bit confused but thinking back on it, during the whole situation and a few others I couldn't recall possible failures or any doubts swarming my mind, I guess I had, all I needed was a reminder of what it was like to not doubt myself and a push to follow my instincts. "Yeah, I must've," I chuckle out soon spotting our friends as they placed their food on the table.

We all sit down and start eating after Alya takes up the seats next to Nino to get him to sit by Marinette. "May I?" "Yes, of course, please sit," They sit and start eating, ten minutes later his phone rings and he lets out a sigh. "My father wants me to attend a charity event he's throwing, I can't stay..." At the sight of Mari's sad face, he gives her a smile and tells her "I wanted to tell you, you're always helping people like the day you helped Juleka overcome her class photo curse or helped pair Nathaniel and Marc together to make their comic book or when you helped me get to the movies to see my mother on the screen. That's why everyone jumped at the chance to help with the picnic. So today it was our turn to help you. You're one of our everyday heroes, have a good evening Super-Marinette."

With that, he begins to walk to his car, biting her bottom lip in thought Marinette quickly jumps to her feet and calls out for him. "Adrien! I uh..." She starts to say but bites her bottom lip yet again, closes her eyes, and kisses him on the cheek! Everyone's jaw drops as she gives him a thank you. 

He leaves with a wave and everyone but Chloé starts cheering for Marinette, she had finally done something romantic with him. Excluding her love letter of course since she forgot to sign it. We finish the picnic with a firework show and all head home. All in all, it was a good way to end the eventful day we all had.