Luka Chapter Twenty-Three

"Ready to go Luka?" My sister asks me as I grab my last few things and I nod and we head out, saying a quick goodbye to mom as we made our way over to the music hall where Clara Nightengale would be allowing the people of Paris to be in her music video. Juleka wanted to go with her friends but was feeling a little nervous so I promised to go with her to help her feel better. After a ten-minute walk, we arrive and see most of her friends, the only ones who were missing were of course (y/n) and Marinette. Alya pulls out her phone and calls Marinette.  "Girls, did you hear that? All of us girls plus Luka are heading over to audition and you both are coming too. So don't go pulling one of your Marinette/ (y/n) specials on us ok?" "And miss our chance to meet Clara Nightengale in the flesh? No way, we'll meet you there," I hear (y/n) respond, making me smile, she was gonna be here. 

Another few minutes later and they both come walking up and I pull (y/n) in for a side hug before we head in and Clara explains how this works. We also learn that Chat Noir was going to be played by Adrien so we all shouted and cheered for him when he came on stage. "Didn't I tell you that Adrien looks a little bit like Chat Noir?" "No way, he's a thousand times more amazing than Chat Noir!" Alya and Marinette slightly argue, causing (y/n) to laugh, making me smile again when I noticed she seemed to be staring off into space, she was clearly thinking about something so I ask what she was thinking about.

"Uh...Just wondering when uh...You became a Clara Nightengale fan, I didn't know you liked her music," She says, a little flustered, guess I caught her off guard. "Oh I love all music, Juleka listens to her more than I do, I still like to listen to Jagged a lot but she's not bad. Also being in a music video sounded fun," I then lean down/ up to whisper into her ear.  "This is also a good way to get my sister used to being in front of a camera since she wants to model when she's older." "Juleka wants to be a model? That's amazing, no wonder she works so hard to get out of her shell. Yeah, this is a great opportunity for her." We start chatting some more about this and that as tryouts for Ladybug and (s/n) went on. It wasn't looking good since the line for the hero tryouts was empty.

"You must be starving from all this waiting," Clara tells us as she makes her way over. But once she got close enough, she tripped and stumbled to the floor. Marinette and (y/n) quickly came to her aid. "There you both are! Here's a hug because you're (s/n) and Ladybug!" Clara exclaims excitedly, pulling the two into a hug, and they both start to freak out. Though I can't blame them, it's always a shock to meet someone famous.

"Marinette and (y/n), won't you say it so? Will you please play Ladybug and (s/n) in my video?" The girls and I start calling out for them to do it, this would be a huge opportunity for them and get them some attention. However, they both decline the opportunity, stating they wanted to be an extra with us. They're both led to the dressing rooms and a minute later Clara directs us over to them where the girls hug. I walk up to (y/n) and smirk as I tell her "Such a shame, I think you would've looked good in an (s/n) costume," I wink as she blushes and starts adorably stuttering out "It's just s-some silly costume..." "Doesn't change the fact you'd rock that silly costume," I point out and she gives me a joking glare. Just as I was about to lean in and steal a kiss from her we hear a new voice. Thank you all for coming, you can go home now," It was Chloé and her friend Sabrina claiming to be the chosen Ladybug and (s/n).

"Don't worry, knowing Nightengale, Chloé and Sabrina don't stand a chance of being chosen," Marinette reassures us earning a sarcastic response from (y/n) as she gives a mock bow. "Wow, I have to bow before such wisdom." "That's right, from now on, it's Master Dupain-Cheng," We all laugh before tuning back in onto what was happening on stage. Which leads to Chloé and Sabrina's audition. Everyone watches in awe as the two perform gymnastics, separately and together. "Eight years of private glasses with an Olympic gold winner, I know I'm breathtaking," Chloé gloats. "You've both definitely got enough talent for me. But you two and Chat Noir have to be a good trio you see," Carla points out and Chloé pulls Adrien in for a hug.

She explains how they're good friends and in the end, they were chosen to be Ladybug and (s/n) when Mari drags (y/n) up on stage shouting "Wait! We changed our minds! We do wanna be the heroes!" Clara excitedly starts dancing around happily and thanking them before apologizing to Chloé informing her she could be an extra. She refuses and storms out. Marinette and Ladybug were shoved into the dressing rooms and a few minutes later they came out in almost full costume, all they were missing were the masks. Come to think of it Adrien didn't have his on either, were they really that easy to lose? Practice starts and they start learning the dance moves.

A part where it was just Chat Noir and Ladybug arrives where Adrien and Marinette were required to hold hands and Alya starts taking pictures. "Marinette's jaw will drop when she sees these pics." "I can't believe how much they look like the real Ladybug, (s/n), and Chat Noir," I hadn't been paying too much attention to the conversation, I couldn't help but stare at (y/n), she looked so amazing in that costume and I whispered my thoughts in her ear, prompting her to tell me to shut up and shove my face away from her. We laugh when Clara says "One final task. Put on the mask."

All three of them came up with the excuse the mask was gone. A minute later a worker came out with them but before the masks could be put on in comes the mayor and his daughter claiming some political mumbo jumbo about why she couldn't make a video here. Chloé breaks Clara's microphone and she takes off crying, and everyone started to leave when a lady in a sparkling purple suit with blue, pink, and yellow star accents. Long yellow pigtails died either pink or blue on the end with France flag-themed shades and a glowing whip with her.

Chloé and her dad were glowing pink as they were instructed to sing, dance or rhyme. "What are you talking about? Singing and dancing? Why not play the trumpet too while you're at it-" Chloé starts to mock before turning to some pink material, she looked like a shiny pink statue, and everyone lets out a gasp. "Please, please, I'll keep up this rhyme. Don't make me freeze, not this time," André begs, and Nightingale claps. "Bravo, you've got the right tempo," She starts attacking everyone else who scatters, screaming as they were hit by her whip and turned into shiny pink statues.

I run away and take cover, hiding from her as people's screams echoed out through the music hall. Eventually, the ruckus moved outside and I snuck out from my spot and started looking at each and every statue, praying it wasn't Juleka, (y/n), or any of our friends. My heart breaks when I find my sister reaching out frozen. "Juleka! I'm so sorry," I apologize as I hug the pink statue that was now my sister," I look around and don't see any of her friends around her when suddenly the door busted open, and in came Frightengale rolling on the floor being chased by our heroes when I feel a hand pull me back and I turn to see Alya and Rose. They were ok! They explained how everyone else was frozen or they couldn't find when Ladybug's miraculous ladybugs zoomed past us and fixed everything. I pull in my sister for a tight hug, happy to see she was ok. An hour or so later we all regrouped with the usual grateful hug to see everyone was ok and began shooting the video with a new idea. The video had turned out great and I made sure to spend all day the next day with my sister and (y/n) just to reassure with myself they were both ok.