Startrain: Part 1

"Great work you two, Parisians can rest easy tonight," Master Fu says as he puts away the fox miraculous that we had to use to defeat Hawkmoth's latest akumatized person. "I can't wait to do the same. Good night Master," I say with a yawn and Marinette nods as we go to head out when Flaake and Tikki fly up stopping us in our tracks. "Marinette, (y/n), what about the school field trip?" "It's not like we'd be able to go anyway," Marinette shrugs and Master Fu asks us about the field trip so we explain how the class was going to London tomorrow to see Big Ben. "But if Hawkmoth creates a supervillain while we're away Chat Noir won't be able to capture the akuma on his own," Marinette says and I chime in with, "While we could use the space power up to fly back quickly, we feel like it would just be a waste to use it to go to and from London and we'd rather save the power-ups. So we'll just have to stay, it's a tough life as a superhero but it is what it is."

"Not necessarily. The horse miraculous can be used in the case Hawkmoth attacks Paris, you can use it to get here and back quickly. Ladybug and (s/n) deserves a bit of fun just like all young people their age," Fu says, handing us the horse miraculous: a pair of glasses and we thank him before going home for the night.

The next day we get a ride from Max's mom to the train station. "Who wants a sneak peek at the Star Train's operator cab?" Max's mom asks as she steps out of the car and Alya, Mari, and I cheer excitedly. "Thanks, Mrs. Kanté this'll make an awesome post for my new blog," Alya says and Mari and I turn to her in surprise as I ask, "You started another blog." "I can't help it, life is so interesting," Alya shrugs and I continue, "But isn't that a lot of blogs to keep up with? The Ladyblog, you're helping me with my music blog, Marinette with her fashion blog, the school blog,  and you just started an astronomy blog," She doesn't get to answer because Marinette points at a certain blonde we all knew as he ran down the street.

"Isn't that Adrien?" "Affirmative, Marinette. That is indeed Adrien Agreste," Markov confirms. "There was less than a point two three percent chance his father would've allowed him to come," Max says and Marinette sighs happily as she leans on my shoulder mumbling about how this trip would be amazing. I playfully roll my eyes at her as we get onto the train and we're shown the operator's room. "The operator must keep their hand on this throughout the whole journey between Paris and London. It's called the deadman's switch," Mrs. Kanté explains. "What would happen if you took your hand off it?" "The train would come to a stop." "Even for just a second?" "It's a safety switch in case the operator feels faint." "I love traveling on trains with my mom because trains get from point A to point B within the given time they're programmed plus they're safe."

Max says happily before Alya asks another question. "Have you always wanted to drive a train?" "I've always wanted to be a driver yes. But my true dream is to be an astronaut and drive a rocket across the universe however I decided to operate trains so I could be here while Max was growing up since a space mission lasts several months and I could never be away from my Maxy poo that long," Mrs. Kanté proceeds to pull Max in for a sweet hug. "But now that my son's a young man, it's time I chase my dream." 

"Mom's already taken the exam to start her astronaut training." "I'm expecting the test results today," She taps on her watch and frowns as it rung out that she had no new messages. "It's too early Mom, the official document said 11 am you'll get them during the train ride." "I know it's just that if I pass the test this trip will probably be my last and the next time I drive I'll be manning the controls of a space shuttle on a cruise to the moon." "You have an 89.9% chance of passing." "That's still a 10.3% chance of failing." "That's ok because I believe in you. You're the best," The two adorably hug again when Ms. Buster comes up and tells us it was time to go to our seats.