Oblivio: Part 1

I open my eyes tiredly as I sit up and yawn looking around to see an image of a phone pointing to a turtle icon. What? That's when I hear a male's voice ask, "What happened and who are you two?" My gaze goes behind me to see a girl with black hair in pigtails, wearing a red suit with black polka dots and a matching mask, and a blonde boy wearing a black armor-like catsuit. Looking down I see I'm wearing a white suit of my own, and feel on my face to find a mask as well. "I'm...I...I dunno, I don't remember my own name," The girl says so they turn to me and I go to answer when my mind goes blank. I couldn't recall my name either. "I don't remember my name either," The boy hums in thought soon shaking his head. "Me neither," He then notices the outfits we were wearing. "Looks like the three of us were at the same costume party," The girl's earrings beep, and the boy's ring and the snowflake's on my gloves start flashing since when do jewelry and gloves do that?

"Why are those flashing?" "Why are your earrings beeping?" "We must shop at the same jewelry store." "Are we supposed to know each other?" "I'm guessing so?" The lipstick in the middle of the floor disappears with a pink aura as a mist covers us and our costumes disappear and three bug-like creatures that resembled a ladybug, a cat, and a polar bear fly out of our accessories and land on the ground. "Ah! There are giant bugs- mice- bug-mice!" The ravenette shouts, hiding behind me and the blonde as the creatures wake up and start talking. What...What are they?

"Woah I'm starving right now," The cat one says, clutching its stomach when the blonde picks it up asking, "What are you exactly? Genies like the ones in the lamp?" "If I'm a genie where's my lamp? Besides, where am I and who are you?" I pick up the polar bear-looking one and ask, "What are you exactly?" The bear taps her chin before shrugging. "I don't remember." "What was that thing doing in my earring?" The ravenette asks, pointing at the ladybug creature who gets defensive. "I'm not a thing! I'm- I dunno what I am but I do know that I'm very hungry." "Aww, poor little thing," She says picking up the ladybug and giving her head scritches. Blondie gets up. "Ok everyone we're gonna keep our cool here. We've all lost our memories and we don't know why but we'll be fine-" He gets cut off as the elevator shakes, and the lights flicker as indents were made in the roof by something.

"What now?" I ask worriedly as the lights go out. "I don't think we should stay here," M says. I decided to call her that for the time being because her purse had the letter M on it. "I'm with her." "Yeah, let's try to get the doors open," The three of us start tugging on the doors to open when the creatures who were flying phase through the doors, and a minute later they open. Whatever they are, they're amazing. We run out of the elevator just before we hear the elevator roof collapse in from whatever was chasing us and thankfully the doors shut. Time to go. Taking the stairs down to the main floor we head for the exits to find them blocked off. "The exit's blocked, we'll have to find another way out," Blondie says when we hear the elevator door be punched, the thing was here! Blondie drags me and M into the bathroom and M starts to freak out.

"Ok, we're stuck in a building with amnesia being chased by a thing that's obviously got a grudge against us big time." "Not to mention the hungry creatures that appeared when our costumes disappeared," I point out. "Um excuse me but the creatures are hungry, would you mind opening up your shirt so I can see what smells so good?" Blondie opens his shirt and takes out a piece of camembert. "It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen," The cat squeals as he gobbles up the cheese. M and I check our own bags to find food in them which we feed to the ladybug and bear. That's when M pulls out an id card.

"My name is Marinette. Marinette Dupain-Cheng!" "Pleased to meet you Marinette," Blondie and I pull out our own id cards, my name was (y/n) (l/n) and he was Adrien Agreste. "Hey, we've still got our phones," I exclaim pulling mine out, only to be met with a passcode needed. "Is your guy's phones locked too?" Marinette asks when the room shakes and the ladybug peeks outside. "The thing is coming this way," We hide in a stall and Marinette begins to freak out. "We need to find a way out of this building." "We will but until then," Adrien says and they both reach for the lock, hand touching and they awkwardly smile at each other. The bathroom door bursts open and we could hear the thing begin to check stalls. Looking around Marinette points to a vent and the three of us quickly get in. "Wow Marinette, that was amazing, almost like you have the right idea at the right time." "I hope you're right," We get to the end of the vent and Adrien gets out first, he goes to help Marinette out but she falls on top of him and they fall to the floor. I suddenly get the urge to tease them. "Ok you two, that's enough we don't have the time to get all cuddly right now," I tease with a smirk as I get out of the vent and they chuckle at each other with a blush before we head upstairs into an office room to hide for the time being. One quick look around and there was no immediate way to get out.