Chapter 620 - Removing the Second Seal from Zennarde's Sword

After more than 10 failed attempts in a row, Nie Yan finally succeeded in harvesting a Red Dragon Herb. He carefully bundled up the roots and stored away the plant in his bag.

Gathering successful! You have obtained Red Dragon Herb x1. +32 skill proficiency

The skill proficiency obtained for a successful harvest depended on a number of factors, including the rank of the plant and the difficulty in harvesting it. The Red Dragon Herb was high up in all these regards. So, it was a great choice for Nie Yan to use to quickly raise his Gathering Master skill.

Nie Yan continued searching around. Apart from Red Dragon Herbs, there were many other high rank herbs growing around here. Since his Gathering Skill had reached Advanced rank, all these precious medicinal plants were there for only him to harvest.

Nie Yan hunted Rank 2 monsters while gathering various high rank medicinal plants on the side. The joy he felt from seeing his harvests made up for the monotony of the grind. He gradually made more and more progress in his quest.

The Luminous Dancer class advancement quest was taking much longer than Nie Yan expected. Half-a-month flew by in the blink of an eye.

"Looks like I'm in it for the long haul," Nie Yan muttered. He checked the level leaderboards. "Hmm, Tang Yao reached Level 90 while the rest are in the high 80s. I've still got a lot of time before people start catching up to me." After Level 90, every subsequent level up required tens of times more experience than the last. So, he wasn't the slightest bit worried about someone becoming a Shadow Dancer before him.

As Nie Yan explored the forest, he spotted a humanoid creature with wolf-like features walking among the trees. A Werewolf! His pupils constricted. Werewolves were among the toughest Rank 2 monsters he had faced so far in the Ancient World. His first encounter with a Werewolf ended with him fleeing for his dear life. Since then, he would always take the long way around whenever one entered his sight. This time, however, he had a sudden urge for battle.

Erasing all traces of his breath, Nie Yan slowly approached the Werewolf from behind.

The Werewolf was wandering around aimlessly, oblivious to the imminent threat.

Nie Yan shot forward like a loosed arrow, stabbing towards the Werewolf's spine with Zennarde's Sword.

Backbreaker!

At this moment, the Werewolf suddenly sensed something and dodged to the side, evading the attack. It let out a deep howl and lunged toward Nie Yan, swiping down with its sharp claws.

The Werewolf's claws resembled curved daggers, flickering with a sharp light.

"What quick reaction speed!" Nie Yan gasped. He quickly leaped back, avoiding the claw swipe.

The Werewolf was much faster than Nie Yan expected. It pounced forward with blinding speed and unleashed an attack so fast it was impossible to dodge. Pshhtt! Blood sprayed out into the air as a claw-shaped wound appeared on his chest.

−3,320 A damage value floated up above his head.

"Shit. I'm going to end up getting killed at this rate!" Nie Yan grunted.

Nie Yan was forced into passively defending. He suffered another attack and was left with only 30% of his health. He quickly downed an Advanced Healing Potion, restoring his health back to full.

The Werewolf was so fast it left behind a trail of afterimages. As the two fought, Nie Yan observed its footwork and couldn't help but start copying it. After which he gradually found it easier and easier to keep up with the tempo of the battle.