Chapter 682 - Entering the Guild

"You know, whipping people into shape isn't part of my paygrade. If you have additional work for me, I'd like to request a raise." Bayonet chuckled. Of course, he was joking. He had nothing better to do anyway. This would at least add a bit of amusement to his day. In his eyes, Wang Duo and the rest were still young and inexperienced. Looking at them, he couldn't help but recall some old memories. He deeply sighed. The past couldn't be changed. He had already left the military long ago.

Nie Yan smiled. "Help me train these guys. I trust General Yuntian won't be stingy."

Mo Yuntian examined Bayonet more closely. Bayonet looked somewhat familiar. However, they weren't acquainted. He wouldn't forget an individual like Bayonet.

As Bayonet walked forward, Wang Duo, Lin Yi, and the others felt a heavy pressure bear down on them. Their hearts shivered. When they gazed at him, a peculiar light flickered in their eyes.

Damn, this guy is not to be messed with. Thinking about how this kind of top expert would be training them, they felt their blood boiling with excitement.

Bayonet swept his gaze over the trainees. His lips curved into a sadistic grin. "I can train you guys, no problem. The question is whether you guys can endure it or not. Those of you who can't tolerate some pain should scram right now!"

Bayonet's words sparked a hint of anger in their hearts. Wang Duo said in a serious tone, "We won't shrink back!"

"Good, you guys better remember those words," Bayonet said. Wang Duo, Lin Yi, and the others' zeal made him recall his early days in the military when he was only 16.

At this moment, Mo Yuntian received an urgent call. After saying a few words, he bid everyone farewell and departed.

Nie Yan left Wang Duo, Lin Yi, and the others in the care of Bayonet. He would likely have no problem dealing with this group.

Nie Yan happened to catch the reminiscing look in Bayonet's eyes. His mind trembled. Ever since he recruited Bayonet, aside from a few things related to his profession, he never spoke about why he became a mercenary, his own personal history, or anything in that sphere. He was definitely a man with a story!

However, Nie Yan had no intention of prying into Bayonet's history. If he wanted to win someone over to his side, respecting their privacy was important.

Mo Yuntian had already prepared an apartment for the trainees close to Nie Yan and Xie Yao's residence. Furthermore, he had reserved this gymnasium as their training grounds.

After handing everything over to Bayonet, Nie Yan, Xiao Yu, and Lei Su walked out of the gymnasium.

"You really lucked out this time, didn't you? You get to be the instructor of all these elite soldiers. It'll definitely help you build your connections in the future. Still, I can't believe it... 25- to 26-year-old senior colonels and major generals. They're all important figures in the military. If they can enter the 12th Mech Armoured Corps, their influence will increase even more. When you're sitting high atop the clouds in the future, you better not forget us brothers!" Xiao Yu chuckled, patting Nie Yan's shoulder.

Nie Yan chuckled. He knew Xiao Yu was just joking. Xiao Yu's family was influential both in the political and business world. On the other hand, he was only just starting to make a name for himself. Even if another several decades passed, he wouldn't necessarily be able to overtake Xiao Yu.

"General Yuntian invited you to participate in the selection exams for the 12th Armoured Mech Corps! How could you refuse!? Do you even know what kind of an existence the 12th Armoured Mech Corps is!? They report directly to the Council of Generals!" Lei Su exclaimed in an aggrieved tone.