Chapter 716 - Staking Everything on the Final Battle

Over the next few days, Nie Yan hunted bosses non-stop. He levelled up multiple times and obtained high quality Level 150-160 equipment.

Nie Yan quickly reached Level 115. Where at first he only had to kill a single or maybe two Level 150-160 Lords for a level up, he now needed to kill at least a dozen!

Nie Yan provided Okoron's NPC guards with high level equipment. From only a little over 120 people at the start, his personal army had grown to 2,600; and there were still more NPCs applying every hour!

Nie Yan originally believed he would be lucky to get 1,000 troops. His army's growth far exceeded his expectations!

These Level 130-140 NPCs could only be counted as average among the soldiers of the Viridian Empire. Most of them were too weak to enter the armies of other cities. However, Nie Yan didn't mind this. As long as they were Level 130-140 Elites, he would welcome them with open arms. His plan was to use these NPCs to deal with the skeleton army. The strength of a Level 130-140 Elite might not amount to much in the grand scheme of things, but it couldn't be looked down on either. As long as they weren't completely surrounded, killing several dozen up to a hundred skeletons wouldn't be a problem. A disciplined army of NPC troops was definitely far superior to those walking piles of bones!

News of Nie Yan's recruitment campaign spread far and wide. From a small village in a remote area in the Viridian Empire to the capital of the Satreen Empire, NPCs flocked from all over toward Okoron.

These NPCs were mercenaries. Most were Warriors and Thieves with relatively fewer Paladins, Priests, and Mages.

As Nie Yan's army expanded, the cost of upkeeping it increased too. He now had to pay around 60,000 gold a day.

Of course, with the wealth of the Starry Night Potion Shop, this sum was still far from Nie Yan's limit.

At this rate, Nie Yan might even build his army to 10,000 strong!

Nie Yan had great expectations for the future of Okoron. At this moment, Guo Huai anxiously contacted him with a report. Karsi and Vorderman's battle had ended. Karsi had returned to Calore after sustaining injuries, while Vorderman and his Bone Dragon were nowhere to be found. Meanwhile, Qin Han's skeleton army started an all-out assault on all of Asskickers United's strongholds.

Nie Yan knitted his brows. His regressing into the past had created a series of butterfly effects. This wasn't the first time history deviated from course, and it likely wouldn't be the last.

Vorderman didn't die like Nie Yan expected. Instead, he wounded Karsi and escaped with his life.

Nie Yan instantly felt a headache coming on. Vorderman's existence was becoming a huge source of worry.

Unfortunately, Nie Yan didn't have the time to ponder over these matters. Asskickers United's strongholds were under assault. He had to hurry back!

Asskickers United guild chat, the members were giving one urgent report after another.

Boss, the Abrahams Stronghold is under attack!

The Ileine Stronghold is under attack!

Boss, a large army of skeletons was spotted outside the Birrings Stronghold!

...

Nie Yan read through all the reports. Qin Han was launching an all out attack. Over 20 strongholds were under attack at the same time, including the Cripps Stronghold. Qin Han had made a long trek around several strongholds and finally reached the Cripps Stronghold, completely surrounding it with an ocean of skeletons.